The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

University of West London / London Metropolitan University for Computer Science?

Hi all

I have had offers through clearing for both University of West London and London Metropolitan University for computer science degree!

Currently trying to choose between the 2! Is London Met's rep still as bad as it used to be? Which do I choose??

Thanks for any advice you have!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all

I have had offers through clearing for both University of West London and London Metropolitan University for computer science degree!

Currently trying to choose between the 2! Is London Met's rep still as bad as it used to be? Which do I choose??

I've been to London met for a F year and honestly I thought the lecturers and staff were really helpful. The students were nice too and they did a good job of teaching, had extra support too if you needed it.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
Original post by myname15
I've been to London met for a F year and honestly I thought the lecturers and staff were really helpful. The students were nice too and they did a good job of teaching, had extra support too if you needed it.

Hey! Did you do a FY or just go straight into first year? Are you still at London Met now?
Reply 3
Hey! Did you do a FY or just go straight into first year? Are you still at London Met now?

i went in FY year there and I transfered straight after I finished Im starting a different uni this year
Reply 4
Original post by myname15
i went in FY year there and I transfered straight after I finished Im starting a different uni this year

Was it difficult to transfer following your FY? Did you have many options uni wise?
Reply 5
Yeah I applied and got offers from 4/5 unis when I wanted to transfer, just got to make sure that you're doing well in the FY and also that your statements on point
Hi all

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer! I'm a recent graduate at London Met, when I first chose my options for uni I did not look at reputation or ranking at all, I kind of went with what course sounds like I would want to do, I then went to open days (difficult to do now but there are some open days with small groups of people and some virtual tours) this is where I really made my decision of what university I wanted to go to. My choices where Oxford Brookes, Westminster, Anglia Ruskin, London Met.... (been thinking for 5 mins can't remember the last one), after going to each one I decided by; How comfortable I felt, the friendliness vibe I got from others, distance from home, others experiences and opportunities available. (if you want to know more feel free to ask)

In the end I chose London Met as it ticked many of my boxes and felt right at home, I've had a great 3 years there and tempted to do a masters (but we will see), I only realised reputation and ranking in the end of my first year and looked into the history of why. But honestly it's personal preference, if people are giving bad reviews it is because they didn't find the best place for them, it's not always because of the uni or else no one would go. So my best advice is talk to people, do your research and follow your gut instinct!

I hope I helped by giving you my experience, I'm happy to answer anymore of your questions!

Signing off,
Abdull
2020 Graduate
London Metropolitan Student ambassador
Hi guys does anyone go university of west London and do computer science BSc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending