Are most pregnancies on pill due to people error or is the pill just not effective?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Thanks
Allyson90
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks
Facts about the pill is that they are 99% effective in preventing pregnancies okay and there is only a 1% that you may get pregnant still.

If you forgot to take it then there's certainly 100% chance of getting pregnant.
You should still be taking precautions when taking the pill with use of a condom.

So I would say its error on the girl/woman side in not taking the pill.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks
If taken correctly, the pill is 99% effective. I don't know if there are any stats on it, but in my opinion I think people not taking it correctly probably causes most pregnancies. Most women don't take it at the right time or may miss a day here and there which will reduce effectiveness.
(Original post by Allyson90)
If you forgot to take it then there's certainly 100% chance of getting pregnant.
Erm, this is not correct. If you forget to take 1 pill it does not mean you then have a 100% chance of pregnancy. Please don't give out information like this because it is scare-mongering and will cause unnecessary worry to young vulnerable women. Even if you have completely unprotected sex, there is not a 100% chance of pregnancy. There is never a 100% chance of pregnancy.

OP - if you're on the pill or wanting to go on the pill, take it at the same time each day and do not miss a pill and you should be okay as it'll be 99% effective. Even with "real life" use e.g. taking it a few hours late, the effectiveness is around 91% which is still high, but you should aim to take it correctly all the time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (95)
26.99%
England (116)
32.95%
Belgium (28)
7.95%
Germany (40)
11.36%
Spain (8)
2.27%