The Student Room Group

geography or psychology a level???

i can’t decide whether to pick geography or psychology for a level. i was equally good at both of these but can’t choose between them for which i enjoyed more.
please help!!
Reply 1
Hi, I feel the same way rn but I've decided in psychology just because it seemed to fit better with what I want to do later. So it kinda depends on what career field you're interested in or even the other a-levels you're doing-options going hand-in-hand may be easier n more enjoyable to study. But also psychology is a written subject and if you struggle with timings in exams or doing 3 written papers stresses you out maybe find out what geography entails.
Also though, I'd say choose whichever one you get a better GCSE grade in - which is controversial - but colleges will want students with higher grades in the subjects they've chosen as the competition has increased sm this yr.
As long as you've secured a place now, you can consider changing options later. Meaning you could choose between them after term starts and switch subjects depending on how you enjoyed the actual lesson experience.
Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by tulinb3
Hi, I feel the same way rn but I've decided in psychology just because it seemed to fit better with what I want to do later. So it kinda depends on what career field you're interested in or even the other a-levels you're doing-options going hand-in-hand may be easier n more enjoyable to study. But also psychology is a written subject and if you struggle with timings in exams or doing 3 written papers stresses you out maybe find out what geography entails.
Also though, I'd say choose whichever one you get a better GCSE grade in - which is controversial - but colleges will want students with higher grades in the subjects they've chosen as the competition has increased sm this yr.
As long as you've secured a place now, you can consider changing options later. Meaning you could choose between them after term starts and switch subjects depending on how you enjoyed the actual lesson experience.
Good luck!! :smile:

thank you for replying and good luck to you too!! i’m not sure what career i want to go into at the moment which is why i thought taking an essay based subject is beneficial to keep my options abit more open. i’m leaning towards something design related like a graphic designer or visual merchandiser but these are not fixed careers yet just ideas. these are the combinations i’m stuck between at the moment.
•product design, geography, business
•product design, psychology, business
•product design, geography, psychology

the only two subjects i took from those at gcse are geography and psychology so product design and business would be new to me althought i did take art at gcse too!

Quick Reply

Latest