The Student Room Group

I'm really struggling to choose what to study at Uni

I'm sure there has been about a thousand of these posts so I apologise in advance :/

Okay, I'll cut to the chase: I'm struggling to decide whether to study Medicine or Law with Spanish at university.

I've just went into my final year of high school and for most of high school I've thought Medicine was what I wanted to do - I had my heart set on it. But now I've started to second guess everything. You see, sciences aren't exactly my favourite subjects at school, I don't necessarily have a passion for them as such and so is it even worth considering Medicine then? The thing that makes me come back to Medicine time and time again is how rewarding and gratifying it would be - there's no other profession like it. Just being able to see the impact you are having directly would be incredible.

I've only really considered studying Law with Spanish this year. I was initially attracted to it because I didn't want to give up Spanish (I really do love it) but I quickly realised a Modern Languages degree was not for me. I've always been more naturally inclined I guess towards humanities subjects like English and Languages and I enjoy them a lot more. Also, just the thought of how the law governs our everyday lives whether we know it or not is also really interesting. The thing that puts me off law is that I don't know if I see myself actually being a lawyer. I don't want to sit at a desk all day as well as I don't know if being a lawyer would be very rewarding - feel free to correct me on this because no doubt I'll be wrong! I'm aware that none of this is coherent but if anyone is able to give me any insight or advice I would really appreciate it! :smile:
I've used https://www.whatuni.com/ and it's been really helpful!! They have student reviews you can read :smile:
I think Law with Spanish appeals to you more tbh. I dont think you should do medicine if you arent passionate about it + you are more interested in law with Spanish. Btw just because you do a law degree doesnt mean you need to be a lawyer. Im applying to go for a law degree and I dont plan to be one for certain. A lot of graduates dont go into law tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest