SleepyBeans
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What do you think, as cases slowly increase again and the weather starts to worsen, what will be the impact on Coronavirus?

Most people seem to be slowly forgetting about it but it is still rampant.

Will schools/unis be closed down again?
SleepyBeans
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are people sick of this question already? 😂😂
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If some people carry on the way that they are, i think there is a good chance of another lockdown.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
IDK the future is obscured to me as it is to you but there have been many new cases on the continent 16,000 in France for instance so it could be likely
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No there won’t, as the economy won’t be able to recover.
We must get back to normal but slowly.

I hear lots of people complaining people aren’t socially distancing and meeting up, but you guys could still catch the virus at your local shop.
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think we can do a full national lockdown again. The government will want to avoid that as much as possible as unemployment has already gone up, education is ****ed, brexit will no doubt have a huge impact on our economy and we just don’t have the means to support another full lockdown. So I really think that if a lockdown does happen, the government will delay it as much as possible.
tragictimes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rachana.L)
What do you think, as cases slowly increase again and the weather starts to worsen, what will be the impact on Coronavirus?

Most people seem to be slowly forgetting about it but it is still rampant.

Will schools/unis be closed down again?
This may seem very pessimistic but I'm thinking not much is going to change until July/August 2021 (basically a year on from now).

There have been so many articles about people not practising social distancing https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/18/a...hnk/index.html Have you seen that news of the water park this morning? https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/18/a...hnk/index.html

As long as this sort of thing keeps happening and people go on holidays to different countries etc, there's no way that the virus can be appropriately contained. Vaccines are still in god knows what stage of trials in most countries so the current situation is still looking bleak. Yeah I agree with the comment above, but if the number of cases reach a new peak, then the government may be forced to send the UK into lockdown again.
Rocket girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Even if it gets really bad and far more die this winter there will not be another full lockdown the government can't afford to do that think of how many people will lose their homes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (178)
28.48%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.28%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.16%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.92%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.2%

Watched Threads