Why do people say hello to me all the time?

Watch
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just went to the shopping centre for like 2 hours.

2 women smiled at me

4 dude's nodded at me/said "alight" ..and one of the dude's who was inside of a pub actually banged on the glass to get my attention in order to do this

1 more woman smiled [i recognise her, i've seen her around]

1 more woman sorta said hello [i've seen her around]

I'm always getting people saying hello to me and stuff. seems a bit odd?

It never used to happen to me at all. It only started happening around 2013 when i started going to the gym, but then why would you just say hello to someone because they work out??
username5027880
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Perhaps its just people being friendly.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People in your local area are very friendly.
Or they know that you own a mortgage free house, want to be friends... or added to the property deeds as co-owner. :evil:
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Here's another conspiracy theory - because you're working out = more endorphins released = you looking/feeling happier?
I don't think I look that happy. I've recently had a lot of women just come upto me and ask me if i'm alright. one time i went out it happened like 4 times!

there's saying alright to say hello, and there's asking someone if they're alright because you think something is wrong. I was getting the latter from women
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
People in your local area are very friendly.
Or they know that you own a mortgage free house, want to be friends... or added to the property deeds as co-owner. :evil:

lol,

but seriously, i think its somehow connected to the gym and looking a bit bigger as people never used to talk to me in public before i started going. but its weird to just be saying hello to someone because they work out? i'm not even massive.
90 cent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
they're being nice?
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're probably just friendly :lol:
Most people say hello to people they recognize, or smile at those they dont ( where I live at least ) :dontknow:
Last edited by Foxehh; 1 year ago
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everyone's probably just wanting some more social interaction due lack of it during lockdown, so they're probably just being friendly
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Aww are you feeling okay? :console:
Maybe you look stressed out? Or maybe they think you got lost

well........One of the times when i got asked like 4 times i had just been in a fight a bit earlier, but there were times i've been asked a fair few times and nothing has been wrong. I think instead of a resting b*tch face I maybe have a resting grumpy face..

but i don't think my regular facial expression has changed over the years.

Just seems odd.

I'm inclined to think perhaps these women find you attractive? but then that wouldn't explain the large amount of blokes saying hello to me
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why does this post just feel like a weird gym flex? :lol:

If not, it seems like a non-issue. Some people are just friendly.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Everyone's probably just wanting some more social interaction due lack of it during lockdown, so they're probably just being friendly
during lockdown I can't remember being smiled at. i had not gone to the gym in months. not had my hair done in months either.

one of the women who today smiled at me, saw me several times at lockdown. she never said or did anything. one time she saw me looking at her and actually diverted her direction to put much more space between us. i'm sure i did not imagine this.

after lockdown was over and i got my hair done again she looked a bit surprised when she saw me. she looked like she found me a bit attractive imo?

now i am working out again.
now today she is smiling at me.
she has done a complete 180 from the lockdown.

but then even if she does find me more attractive it still doesn't explain why blokes say hello a lot. it's been happening way before lockdown, but in the past week seems to have increased a lot.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Why does this post just feel like a weird gym flex? :lol:

If not, it seems like a non-issue. Some people are just friendly.
I'm not even massive. There's a lot of work to do until I am "happy" with my physique

It's just that people saying hello never happened until i started going gym.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads