can i still apply for university course without ucas?

Watch
BailyM_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have applied to start in 2021/2022 year on UCAS.
Things changed and l want to start this year (2020/21) instead. Can I still do this? Ucas deadline is far gone now.. I dont mind starting in a foundation year either I just want to start uni this year instead
Last edited by BailyM_; 3 months ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BailyM_)
I have applied to start in 2021/2022 year on UCAS. Things changed and l want to start this year (2020/21) instead. Can i still do this? I dont mind starting in a foundation year either I just want to start uni this year instead
Hey BailyM_

You might be able to do this if you apply directly to the uni, but it depends if they have spaces available and if they are willing to accept direct applicants
You could try contacting the universities you are interested in and see what they say

I hope this helps
Eloise - Official Student Rep
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BailyM_)
I have applied to start in 2021/2022 year on UCAS.
Things changed and l want to start this year (2020/21) instead. Can I still do this? Ucas deadline is far gone now.. I dont mind starting in a foundation year either I just want to start uni this year instead
Do you mean you have an Apply 2020 application with deferred offers or that you have only just started and not submitted an Apply 2021 application?

You can’t accept a clearing place without a UCAS application if you’re a UK student. Universities that allow this are breaking their contract with UCAS.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey BailyM_

You might be able to do this if you apply directly to the uni, but it depends if they have spaces available and if they are willing to accept direct applicants
You could try contacting the universities you are interested in and see what they say

I hope this helps
Eloise - Official Student Rep
It’s breaking your agreement with UCAS to accept direct applications to full time undergraduate degree courses (except for EU and International applicants who you provide an RPA to UCAS for)

https://www.ucas.com/our-service-providers-and-members

Your obligations
To take full advantage of the benefits of working with us, there's the expectation UCAS providers will:

adhere to the UCAS Applications Recruitment Policy – recruiting exclusively through UCAS for all full-time programmes of study culminating in an academic award at first degree or other undergraduate level
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
It’s breaking your agreement with UCAS to accept direct applications to full time undergraduate degree courses (except for EU and International applicants who you provide an RPA to UCAS for)

https://www.ucas.com/our-service-providers-and-members

Your obligations
To take full advantage of the benefits of working with us, there's the expectation UCAS providers will:

adhere to the UCAS Applications Recruitment Policy – recruiting exclusively through UCAS for all full-time programmes of study culminating in an academic award at first degree or other undergraduate level
I see, sorry I didn't realise I'm just a student rep

Eloise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (63)
18.69%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.67%

Watched Threads