Report 1 month ago
Yeah
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's difficult isn't it.
I live in a swing constituency so that tends to keep them on their toes.
My brother on the other hand lives in a solid red constituency. He often says they could pin a red rosette on a monkey and he would still win in that area and he is absolutely right.
Even after Boris's landslide Labour still had a stonking majority there.
It's very frustrating for him as it means their concerns come very low down the ladder.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 1 month ago
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you say "get rid of him" is this one of those euphemisms?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Remember to vote in the next General Election above all else. If you feel able and aligned with your values, join the local political party the MP supposedly represents, and challenge at party meetings.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by richard10012)
Can I get rid of him?
How is your MP useless?
17summerellc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i dont believe you cann a motion of cno confidence can be held but i am unsure. who is your mp may i ask?
richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So an example. I emailed him that I am very concerned about train prices getting more expensive. He emailed back saying he is concerned as well as he gets the train often. I replied that unlike yourself you can claim travel expenses. No reply back

I emailed him about high rents around my area and the lack of affordable housing. He sent me this letter from the housing secretary outlining his plans. I really want a specific answer surely he is the mp of my local area so should be more specific.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So an example. I emailed him that I am very concerned about train prices getting more expensive. He emailed back saying he is concerned as well as he gets the train often. I replied that unlike yourself you can claim travel expenses. No reply back

I emailed him about high rents around my area and the lack of affordable housing. He sent me this letter from the housing secretary outlining his plans. I really want a specific answer surely he is the mp of my local area so should be more specific.
You've not got rid of them yet....?

Why not?
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I replied that unlike yourself you can claim travel expenses.
Since when can MPs claim travel expenses for 1st class or anything other than Constituency to London?
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All MPs are tremendously useless to their own constituency. Politics is based around London. Those who are MPs in the North spend barely any time in their own constituencies, it’s farcical. Better off contacting the local councils for anything you disagree with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.49%
No (274)
78.51%

Watched Threads