The Student Room Group

would I lose out on social life if I dont live in halls for first year?

Im going to go to a different student accomadation that is a lot cheaper than uni one and offers ensuite and is also closer to the actual uni but im not sure if ill miss out on stuff/not make friends if I dont go to halls, will my freshers week not be good if I wasnt living in halls?

I saw on the facebook gc that they're where people staying there but not sure if theres gonna be that many. idk I dont want to miss out alot pls
I'd say as long as you're staying away from home, you'll have a social life of some sort.
If it's cheaper and closer than uni halls, you'll probably find there's a fair few students from your uni there anyway, maybe even in your flat.
Your freshers week will be different, as there's no guarantee the people in your new bubble will be at your uni, which could make any in-person events more difficult.
I don't think you'll miss out on a lot though. There won't be a huge social scene this year anyway, because of covid. Much of your freshers might be online (mine is, only a few in person events). Basically, don't worry. You'll have a social life of sorts, it just might include spending time with people outside your uni.
Reply 2
Original post by remussjhj01
I'd say as long as you're staying away from home, you'll have a social life of some sort.
If it's cheaper and closer than uni halls, you'll probably find there's a fair few students from your uni there anyway, maybe even in your flat.
Your freshers week will be different, as there's no guarantee the people in your new bubble will be at your uni, which could make any in-person events more difficult.
I don't think you'll miss out on a lot though. There won't be a huge social scene this year anyway, because of covid. Much of your freshers might be online (mine is, only a few in person events). Basically, don't worry. You'll have a social life of sorts, it just might include spending time with people outside your uni.

what about like flat parties and stuff, my accomadation is not limited to undergrads so theres gonna be old ppl and thats kinda annoying
Original post by kkona
what about like flat parties and stuff, my accomadation is not limited to undergrads so theres gonna be old ppl and thats kinda annoying

Very little accommodation is exclusively undergrads. They're likely to group undergrads and postgrads separately, as they'll have different priorities lots of the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending