The Student Room Group

Someone think of an excuse I could give as to why...

...I've not completed an essay? This is such a boring essay, I just don't have the motivation anymore, and it's due in for tomorrow to a highly fussy teacher who patronises us with "star charts" to keep a record of who has handed in their homework on time. :frown: This essay is pointless, boring and we've done similar stuff umpteen times before, I'm fed up of it. I want to make a stand! Zapsta, I'm sure you can think of something witty! :p:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Eeyore
Zapsta, I'm sure you can think of something witty! :p:

Haha, and you pretend not to love him!
Reply 2
Cate
Haha, and you pretend not to love him!

I just figure he could think of something random yet plausible! :p:
Reply 3
I would have, but there's too much pressure on me now.
Reply 4
Haha, I use star charts at work with primary school age children to keep them under control. I had star charts used on me as a kid.
As for an excuse? No idea.
Reply 5
Zapsta
I would have, but there's too much pressure on me now.

Alas :frown:
Reply 6
Eeyore
...I've not completed an essay? This is such a boring essay, I just don't have the motivation anymore, and it's due in for tomorrow to a highly fussy teacher who patronises us with "star charts" to keep a record of who has handed in their homework on time. :frown: This essay is pointless, boring and we've done similar stuff umpteen times before, I'm fed up of it. I want to make a stand! Zapsta, I'm sure you can think of something witty! :p:

I'm sure I've repeatedly told you to say you've done it but are making a stand against the star chart. But I suppose as the idea hasn't come from Zapsta it's simply not good enough :rolleyes: :tongue:
Reply 7
Cate
I'm sure I've repeatedly told you to say you've done it but are making a stand against the star chart. But I suppose as the idea hasn't come from Zapsta it's simply not good enough :rolleyes: :tongue:

I'm not sure how I can stand up to him and say I've done the work but won't give it to him because I disapprove of the way he teaches!
Reply 8
Tell this teacher that you would have completed this essay but you found yourself in an existential quandry where you found yourself wracked with doubt and self loathing and so could not muster the concentration to finish it.
Reply 9
If it was me, i'd probably write a short essay on why it's a waste of time, or i just wouldn't go.:smile:
Reply 10
Eeyore
I'm not sure how I can stand up to him and say I've done the work but won't give it to him because I disapprove of the way he teaches!

Say you did it but don't care to hand it in if you're going to be forced to have a star, say you'd rather have a planet :p: Then you can spend the rest of the day wondering if he got that you were taking the piss :p:
Reply 11
wiwarin
Tell this teacher that you would have completed this essay but you found yourself in an existential quandry where you found yourself wracked with doubt and self loathing and so could not muster the concentration to finish it.

Existential quandry... I like it! *strokes hypothetical beard*
Eeyore
Existential quandry... I like it! *strokes hypothetical beard*

To tell the truth I nicked most of that out of a weird Al Yankovic song.
Reply 13
Cate
Say you did it but don't care to hand it in if you're going to be forced to have a star, say you'd rather have a planet :p: Then you can spend the rest of the day wondering if he got that you were taking the piss :p:

Haha, he probably wouldn't, he'd probably think I was being deadly serious! Did I tell you about the other day, when we decided to stay in the classroom for break because we didn't want to go out in the rain, and he thought it was because we wanted to carry on with the lesson so reduced our breaktime by a third!? :s:
Reply 14
Eeyore
Haha, he probably wouldn't, he'd probably think I was being deadly serious! Did I tell you about the other day, when we decided to stay in the classroom for break because we didn't want to go out in the rain, and he thought it was because we wanted to carry on with the lesson so reduced our breaktime by a third!? :s:

Haha, serves you right for being lazy :p:
Reply 15
Just say Cate ate it.
Reply 16
Cate
Haha, serves you right for being lazy :p:

Not really, we only get a 15 minute break - by the time you've got to the common room it's almost time to come back anyway! :s:
Reply 17
Eeyore
Not really, we only get a 15 minute break - by the time you've got to the common room it's almost time to come back anyway! :s:

Well the rest of us seem to manage, just turn up five minutes late for everything in protest :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 18
Zapsta
Just say Cate ate it.

:rolleyes:

Just say you couldn't concentrate on it because you were too busy thinking about how much you love Zapsta :smile: I'm sure he'll understand :smile:
Reply 19
Cate
Well the rest of us seem to manage, just turn up five minutes late for everything in protest :rolleyes: :p:

Well this is the teacher who wrote "PUNCTUALITY" on the board in red pen when people were late for the lesson because of the two minutes' silence for Remembrance Day! This is no ordinary teacher we're dealing with here!

Latest

Trending

Trending