The Student Room Group

GCSE predicted grades

Can your gcse predicted grades change if you work hard in year 10? Also would a grammar 6th form pay attention to predicted grades if u apply? Please can somebody answer this question as I am stressed. I would really appreciate it, thank you in advance
Reply 1
Original post by imaanali1
Can your gcse predicted grades change if you work hard in year 10? Also would a grammar 6th form pay attention to predicted grades if u apply? Please can somebody answer this question as I am stressed. I would really appreciate it, thank you in advance

I believe I used to be in your situation. Im in y11 going into y12 in September, in y10 I was a lvl4 student and went to a lvl 7s by the start of y11. From what I found out, 1 of the 4 grammar schools (top tier) I applied to cared about predictions and made offers based on them, the other 3 only care about results and will not make any offers until results are handed in. But do try and increase you predicted grades if possible as it may be helpful to mention in a statement but don't stress about it at all.

So in conclusion, don't stress tooo much about your predictions but smash your GCSE results to maximise the opportunity of going to a grammar school!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Abzdot
I believe I used to be in your situation. Im in y11 going into y12 in September, in y10 I was a lvl4 student and went to a lvl 7s by the start of y11. From what I found out, 1 of the 4 grammar schools (top tier) I applied to cared about predictions and made offers based on them, the other 3 only care about results and will not make any offers until results are handed in. But do try and increase you predicted grades if possible as it may be helpful to mention in a statement but don't stress about it at all.

So in conclusion, don't stress tooo much about your predictions but smash your GCSE results to maximise the opportunity of going to a grammar school!

Thank you! 😊
Reply 3
Original post by Abzdot

Thanks for this. If you don't mind me asking which grammar 6th form did you apply to which made offers based on predictions.
Reply 4
In general your target grades are fixed (as they're normally based on how you did in Key stage 2 - as pupils' progress from then is how the government measures how a secondary school is doing) but your predicted grades are likely to change according to your performance right up to the GCSEs themselves

Quick Reply

Latest