???
for covidd obvs

i predict in a couple of months

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
???
for covidd obvs

I suspect it will be a lot longer than that but at the rate the year is going anything could happen lol
When they have found one that demonstrably works whilst being safe to actually administer to people. I suspect they will probably vaccinate the most vulnerable or at risk members of society first if the supply is limited initially.
Reply 3
In the meantime, here's some prevention and protection advice.

Latest research shows that even people that were asymptomatic have immunity from T cells, this should last for 12 months so as time goes on herd immunity is growing so the overall chance of others getting it is declining.
Original post by NJA
In the meantime, here's some prevention and protection advice.

Latest research shows that even people that were asymptomatic have immunity from T cells, this should last for 12 months so as time goes on herd immunity is growing so the overall chance of others getting it is declining.

It is rather more complex than that. It is postulated that there are portions of our population that have immunity because of prior exposure to other coronaviruses. It does appear that some people have been infected and recovered perfectly with no or only very mild symptoms yet appear completely seronegative with their immunity being arrived because of the ability of their T cells.

How many people are immune today in any country is largely a guess and I certainly would not rely upon the possibility of being immune when it comes to formulating public health policy.
I personally think it will be alot longer than that.
Original post by Anonymous
???
for covidd obvs

Russia one is available today, (just not been through Western clinical trials standards).

I think Autumn 2021 is realistic time frame.

Jenner Institute are very quiet about dates, they are having a problem with not enough participants getting Covid, i.e. they've given the vaccine trial to participants but not enough participants are getting Covid to test if its developing an immune response. Unless a statistically significant number of the participants with the vaccine actually get covid, it cant pass the trials.
I've been reading a great deal of articles regarding coronavirus in particular and there was some discussion that it seemed to be forming strains that were demonstrably less virulent and causing milder symptoms?

There was also mention in at least one article that researchers had found evidence of the virus in sewage samples taken in Italy in December 2019 so it is highly likely the virus had spread worldwide before the WHO or China raised the alarm (I am not confident to say when this happened as I can't remember)??
Good,
It makes sense that those who are most at risk are prioritised . Give them their lives back.
Im sure over time they'll filter it out as they have ordered hundreds of millions of doses but this will take some time logistically.
Original post by mnot
Russia one is available today, (just not been through Western clinical trials standards).

I think Autumn 2021 is realistic time frame.

Jenner Institute are very quiet about dates, they are having a problem with not enough participants getting Covid, i.e. they've given the vaccine trial to participants but not enough participants are getting Covid to test if its developing an immune response. Unless a statistically significant number of the participants with the vaccine actually get covid, it cant pass the trials.

wait what? theres a vaccine out??
i never heard abt it...why isn't it in use already... smh i hope it goes through the western clinical trials quickly so it can be used
Original post by vix.xvi
wait what? theres a vaccine out??
i never heard abt it...why isn't it in use already... smh i hope it goes through the western clinical trials quickly so it can be used

I think Putin decided it was time to act, its not recognised by WHO or any other country.

Its basically like unleashing the clinical trial n the public. I hope it works out, but I have no idea how likely side effects are and what not.
yeah because we all just have crystal balls that we can consult that predict the future. way to be insensitive during these trying times
Probably a year or so if we are really lucky.
Several years
I personally believe(ed) that a useful collection of treatments or therapies would appear before an outright vaccine would become available. The development pipeline for vaccines is surely quite prolonged compared to drugs which a both already exist and already have approval for use in humans, along with their known contraindications and side effects etc.

Unfortunately covid 19 has, without question, become a political question as well as a medical one. It isn't often you see Doctors on youtube proclaiming they have found a cure whilst a major government is condemning the WHO for being lackadaisical about their advice. There has also been some criticism of the BMJ and others for being political about which data and articles they choose to publish. Throw in the ever present propaganda and fakenews and it's no surprise we have the maelstrom we have globally at present.
Original post by DiddyDec
Probably a year or so if we are really lucky.

It is probably difficult to state with any certainty. Has there ever been a global or multifaceted approach to producing a vaccine for a particular disease before that you are aware of?
Original post by nollliee
It is probably difficult to state with any certainty. Has there ever been a global or multifaceted approach to producing a vaccine for a particular disease before that you are aware of?

Probably but I don't pay that much attention to vaccine production.
a couple of years would be my bet
we will have to live with this for a while yet.
Original post by nollliee
I personally believe(ed) that a useful collection of treatments or therapies would appear before an outright vaccine would become available. The development pipeline for vaccines is surely quite prolonged compared to drugs which a both already exist and already have approval for use in humans, along with their known contraindications and side effects etc.

Unfortunately covid 19 has, without question, become a political question as well as a medical one. It isn't often you see Doctors on youtube proclaiming they have found a cure whilst a major government is condemning the WHO for being lackadaisical about their advice. There has also been some criticism of the BMJ and others for being political about which data and articles they choose to publish. Throw in the ever present propaganda and fakenews and it's no surprise we have the maelstrom we have globally at present.

You're literally the biggest pessimist on this site. And that's saying something.
Original post by pineapplepink
a couple of years would be my bet
we will have to live with this for a while yet.

I don't get why people on TSR like to spread negativity. There's supposed to be chill vibes on here but all we receive is pessimism and bleak outlooks on life. This is why it should be a woman's world, not a man's.

Quick Reply

Latest