Realistically, will I be able to get a B in 7 weeks?

Watch
barnybe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Any cramming techniques are welcome. Does anyone know any all-encompassing AO3 that I can use? Any case studies that crossover so I don't need to revise as many case studies? I desperately need a B so that I can get a confirmed place for Exeter uni next year.
Abzdot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
for what subject?
AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What subject? Psychology

If this is for A level your in the same boat as me and a load of others. Boundaries should be low as literally no one spent there quarentine revising lmao. Crunch hard and try your best. If this is for spychology Revise case studies through pictures; trust me case studies aren't even that important and really only serve as evidence for any theories etc/
username5370370
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AlwaysBroke.)
What subject? Psychology

If this is for A level your in the same boat as me and a load of others. Boundaries should be low as literally no one spent there quarentine revising lmao. Crunch hard and try your best. If this is for spychology Revise case studies through pictures; trust me case studies aren't even that important and really only serve as evidence for any theories etc/
Hey just a question, my school has made literally no mention of mocks yet, its a rather poor school academically and im worried they will try avoid mocks to hide the poor results, can they do this? or will i definitely have mocks? (To make it clear i really want mocks to happen )
Abzdot
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Wossh)
Hey just a question, my school has made literally no mention of mocks yet, its a rather poor school academically and im worried they will try avoid mocks to hide the poor results, can they do this? or will i definitely have mocks? (To make it clear i really want mocks to happen )
I did my mocks in February and I still have no idea how I did so you're not alone
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Wossh)
are you going into year 13/year 12? mocks don't have an effect on a school's results at all so it'd be a bit weird if they had none
username5370370
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
are you going into year 13/year 12? mocks don't have an effect on a school's results at all so it'd be a bit weird if they had none
Going into year 13, I’ve specifically asked if we will have mocks and they have said they are not sure, it just doesn’t seem fair on those who prepare and benefit from them
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Wossh)
Going into year 13, I’ve specifically asked if we will have mocks and they have said they are not sure, it just doesn’t seem fair on those who prepare and benefit from them
you should be, i'd continue revising and studying as if you have mocks coming up.
barnybe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abzdot)
for what subject?
Psychology (AQA)
twinklelittlstar
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
7 weeks is a hella lot of time. If you’re organised, make a study plan and stick to it, u can achieve whatever u want (and have worked for). Tbh now I’m just wondering: why stick to a B? Aim for the A*!! Go get em🔥
Abzdot
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by barnybe)
Any cramming techniques are welcome. Does anyone know any all-encompassing AO3 that I can use? Any case studies that crossover so I don't need to revise as many case studies? I desperately need a B so that I can get a confirmed place for Exeter uni next year.
IMO it is 100% possible, at the end of y10 I was getting 3s-4s then I started studying religiously on August the 29th last year and in my mocks that were in November, I achieved loads of level 7s so you can do it you just need to have the ambition to do it!

Good luck!
wispyweetabix
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hey if any of you guys doing aqa psych need any help or anything lmk I worked really hard for it to all go to waste when exams got cancelled.. I'd be happy to put my notes to some use
barnybe
Rep:
?
(Original post by wispyweetabix)
hey if any of you guys doing aqa psych need any help or anything lmk I worked really hard for it to all go to waste when exams got cancelled.. I'd be happy to put my notes to some use
Yes please, could you post paper 2 and paper 3 please, specifically research methods, approaches, and issues & debates bc I actually suck at them
Baniazz
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think 7 weeks are more than enough but depends on the number of hours you actually spend studying each day. Come up with a proper timetable as to how many hours you will allocate to study. Use mnemonics like come up with acronyms and similar techniques to remember complicated terms. Time and work on past papers as questions repeat and you will master on writing answers. Make sure to mark and grade the past papers you have done as this allows you to learn from your mistakes and also understand what the examiner expects from you.SLEEP is important make sure to sleep at least 6 hours a day as sleep allows the process of memory consolidation. If there are any revision guides use them more instead of textbooks. And for crossover case studies look in the marking schemes on studies that are repeated.
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!
barnybe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Update: I GOT AN A*
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Amazing, off to Exeter you go
Abzdot
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
That's AWESOME! Well done!
Bobchain97
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How did you do it, what was your revision plan?
Yas7297
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hopefully Gavinboi doesnt **** up with the grades like last year
Fluffysweetfries
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by wispyweetabix)
Hiya, id love to msg you about some help if thats fine !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (56)
37.84%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (15)
10.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (6)
4.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (33)
22.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
16.22%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
9.46%

Watched Threads