Sitting A-level Chemistry in Autumn exams (OCR)

Watch
anonymous2503
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hii,
Is anyone else planning to resit chemistry in October to improve their CAG ( centre assessed grade? Do you think it’s possible to get a good grade ( at least a B ) in just over 6 weeks whilst also trying to write a Medicine personal statement and maybe do the UCAT too? ( just for reference my centre assessed grade was a C ).
matscigal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey! It’s going to be tough if you haven’t learnt all the content yet. I did OCR A and happy to send my notes to you if you’d like??
I got an A* and my number one tip to do well is practise questions and past papers! Also get hold of their organic flow chart of reactions and make a quizlet of all the recall (colours etc.) and start that little & often as soon as you can!
I can’t really help now as I’ve got my own exams to revise for (& haven’t done a lot of the content myself in over a year!) but I hope that’s of some use!
anonymous2503
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by matscigal)
Hey! It’s going to be tough if you haven’t learnt all the content yet. I did OCR A and happy to send my notes to you if you’d like??
I got an A* and my number one tip to do well is practise questions and past papers! Also get hold of their organic flow chart of reactions and make a quizlet of all the recall (colours etc.) and start that little & often as soon as you can!
I can’t really help now as I’ve got my own exams to revise for (& haven’t done a lot of the content myself in over a year!) but I hope that’s of some use!
Thank you for that response. Yes I’ll definitely focus on past papers since last year year I barely touched them and that was probably why I fell short of a good grade. If you have notes on the ‘Transition Elements’ chapter and ‘Redox & Electrode Potentials’ chapter from A2 that would be soooo sooo helpful since those are two chapters we didnt get to learn in school!
Thank you so much
dentalstudent123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How did you all find it
Zoolato24811
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dentalstudent123)
How did you all find it
Slightly more difficult than previous years
dentalstudent123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Zoolato24811)
Slightly more difficult than previous years
tbf there were some stinkers in there. Do you remember what you got for that Ln question? and the units
Zoolato24811
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
tbf there were some stinkers in there. Do you remember what you got for that Ln question? and the units
22200 and the units were none
theboogieman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
do you still have any notes that you can send because ive got paper 2 in a couple days and messed up pretty badly in the first paper
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by theboogieman)
do you still have any notes that you can send because ive got paper 2 in a couple days and messed up pretty badly in the first paper
You can use Physics & Maths Tutor. They have summary notes on each topic for each exam board
dentalstudent123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
22200 and the units were none
I either got 22200 or 222000 I cant remember but I got confused and put e as the units so I've probably lost a mark there
Zoolato24811
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I either got 22200 or 222000 I cant remember but I got confused and put e as the units so I've probably lost a mark there
Im not sure about the units tho cuz usually when there are no units they dont ask for them
dentalstudent123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Im not sure about the units tho cuz usually when there are no units they dont ask for them
I think the correct answer was no units and I just got confused
Zoolato24811
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think the correct answer was no units and I just got confused
What did u get for the half life?
dentalstudent123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What did u get for the half life?
I just calculated the half life from like the first data point i think. I think we're supposed to use the half life equation for that one innit. Also I got a negative initial rate because Im a dumbass is this still right ?
Zoolato24811
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I just calculated the half life from like the first data point i think. I think we're supposed to use the half life equation for that one innit. Also I got a negative initial rate because Im a dumbass is this still right ?
I cant remember what i put for the initial rate but the concentration was decreasing over time so i dont think the rate being negative is far fetched
dentalstudent123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I cant remember what i put for the initial rate but the concentration was decreasing over time so i dont think the rate being negative is far fetched
How did you find paper 2
Zoolato24811
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How did you find paper 2
Easy compared to paper 1
Zoolato24811
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How did you find paper 2
How about you?
dentalstudent123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How about you?
It was good Yh I agree it was better than paper 1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (24)
22.43%
Unhappy (33)
30.84%
Conflicted (50)
46.73%

Watched Threads