Is uni online for first term?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
R all unis going online for the first term. Cos if it is theres no point for applying accommodation is there?
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You should check with the specific university.
I do know that most universities are looking at doing online lectures for the first term however at some points may let students in or do smaller breakfast sessions or face to face tutorials/workshops depending on your subject or university.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by ClaudiaVan)
You should check with the specific university.
I do know that most universities are looking at doing online lectures for the first term however at some points may let students in or do smaller breakfast sessions or face to face tutorials/workshops depending on your subject or university.
Yes sure ill check !! Also the first term is from sept to December right?
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes sure ill check !! Also the first term is from sept to December right?
Depends on your uni and intensity. Some unis go by terms and also alot of the time go by semesters.
Check the specific uni website for exact dates.
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You'll have to look at your uni. Things with universities aren't as standardised as with schools.

My uni has two semesters a year, some have 3+ terms.

AFAIK most unis are having at least some face-to-face contact this autumn.
UELStudentRep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey there! Not all universities are going to be all online. Personally, University of East London is deciding course by course and my course is doing some modules in person and some modules remote. It's best to get in contact with your university so that you get a direct answer and then you can sort out your accommodation. Best of luck!!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi!

It depends on the university. My university has lectures online for the first term but seminars are face to face. You need to check with your specific university.

Marlena - Official Student Rep
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
R all unis going online for the first term. Cos if it is theres no point for applying accommodation is there?
It's going to vary based on the university you have applied for and the course. It is likely to be a blend of online and on-campus activity, so if this applies to you, it would be worth having accommodation if you do not live nearby. Only your university choice can confirm this though so it's best to check directly with them and ask about what your learning experience will be like this September.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey,

It depends on your university and course, so I would recommend looking at your universities website for further details. Good luck!

Zaira
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (181)
58.77%
I don't have everything I need (127)
41.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise