The Student Room Group

Who else feels sad when they watch proper old shows?

So rn im watching dr who starting from christopher eccleston. Im born in 2005 and obviously didnt experience that life style but it makes me sad and kinda nostalgic watching it even though it was filmed before my birth. Its just such a weird feeling and I kinda get anxiety and an existential crisis

Scroll to see replies

You think that’s old??
I feel sad rewatching old shows because I probably saw them first time round!
Try dr who with Jon pertwee and Tom baker. Watched them first time round too
I feel a bit like that when I watch shows from the 80s and 90s. Maybe it's because I wish i'd been alive at that time to see what life was like. Not because I think it was better, but because not having seen much in my 17 years of life is irritating to me
Reply 3
2005 isn't old.

Ah I still remember the first time I watched Rose. We recorded it and as soon as it was over I said let's watch it again.
Also I pictured Eccleston pretty much perfectly but I thought the tardis was a cardboard box before watching the episode so...
Reply 4
Original post by Sammylou40
You think that’s old??
I feel sad rewatching old shows because I probably saw them first time round!
Try dr who with Jon pertwee and Tom baker. Watched them first time round too

You watched that first time round?!?!?!?!?!? How old are you??
Reply 5
before you were born?
damn people are getting younger every year
Original post by HajarS05
So rn im watching dr who starting from christopher eccleston. Im born in 2005 and obviously didnt experience that life style but it makes me sad and kinda nostalgic watching it even though it was filmed before my birth. Its just such a weird feeling and I kinda get anxiety and an existential crisis

one word: Skins
Reply 7
For proper old shows try bewitched, the classic run of who or fawlty towers.
Reply 8
Original post by Bio 7
2005 isn't old.

Ah I still remember the first time I watched Rose. We recorded it and as soon as it was over I said let's watch it again.
Also I pictured Eccleston pretty much perfectly but I thought the tardis was a cardboard box before watching the episode so...

Its old for me. Ive only live 4 months in 2005
Reply 9
Original post by Sinnoh
before you were born?
damn people are getting younger every year

Lol yeah it was in like march 2005 im born in sept 2005
Reply 10
Original post by A Rolling Stone
one word: Skins

Ive never watched skins. i should probably watch it since everyones talking about it lol
Ive never watched skins. i should probably watch it since everyones talking about it lol

Generation 1 is ESSENTIAL VIEWING! and Gen 2 to a lesser extent, don't go beyond that lol
Reply 12
lots of things make me feel sad, anxiety and an existential crisis. haven't watched television in 8 years.
Reply 13
Yeah I watched Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Kenan and Kel recently; felt sad knowing how those simpler times from the mid 2000s won't come back
(edited 3 years ago)
Not movies but there are youtube videos of highschool tapes of students graduating the 80s 90s. So ****ing sad im not there w em.

Spoiler

Original post by Bio 7
2005 isn't old.

Ha same :biggrin: my parents were watching the dalek episode on our crappy tiny tv and i peeked round the door just as rose was running to slide under the door, good times :moon:
Reply 16
Original post by A Rolling Stone
Generation 1 is ESSENTIAL VIEWING! and Gen 2 to a lesser extent, don't go beyond that lol

I loved Gen 1, but Gen 2 is also pretty important in seeing the development of the big Skins' characters (namely Cook and Effy)..
Original post by TJ1997
I loved Gen 1, but Gen 2 is also pretty important in seeing the development of the big Skins' characters (namely Cook and Effy)..

worth watching for Effy and Cook only!

That is soo old, did they have Time Lords back then?

Why? I kinda get anxiety and an existential crisis
You watched that first time round?!?!?!?!?!? How old are you??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending