miaevansssss
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
has anyone applied for the clifford chance prime scheme for feb 2021?
Ashstudent1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i have! i just found out today i was successful so i came on here to see if i could find a thread of other applicants
miaevansssss
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
hopefully I will start one, have you booked accommodation yet and do we find out our results for the Watson Glaser test?
Ashstudent1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by miaevansssss)
hopefully I will start one, have you booked accommodation yet and do we find out our results for the Watson Glaser test?
no i’m not going to book accommodation until we know for definite it’s not virtual as i’m coming quite a long way. i actually asked them that on the insight day and they said they don’t release the WG results to PRIME applicants as it’s not a pass or fail situation like in training contracts. i suppose we can assume we did quite well if we got the place !
Dillt2003
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hiya!

I just found out that I got in the other day. Super excited!

When I emailed to give them my number, I also requested feedback on my performance in the Watson Glaser test. I was in the 31st percentile, as opposed to the 34th percentile (which is what the pass mark is). I’m a tiny bit gutted that I didn’t do so well, but at least I’m not dramatically far off.
miaevansssss
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hey! I am very excited as well! i didnt realise we could request our watson glaser results. I might have to send them an email to find mine out later. also I wouldnt worry about your score too much and if you didnt make the mark then that means your application mustve been great still! have you booked accommodation yet?
Ashstudent1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
have any of you been sent an email back to confirm they received your acceptance of the offer? i’m a teeny bit paranoid haha as my brain can’t believe that i actually got a place so it wants me to believe i was sent the email by accident.

why don’t we all say a bit about ourselves (where we’re from, our A level subjects etc)
miaevansssss
Rep:
?
okay yeah, I am 18 (female) and currently studying A level Law, politics and English in the south west in Devon wbu
miaevansssss
Rep:
?
also I havent recieved a confirmation that they have recieved my acceptance either, should be okay though it's quite early still
Ashstudent1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
okay yeah, I am 18 (female) and currently studying A level Law, politics and English in the south west in Devon wbu
are you in y13 then - are you going to uni or taking a gap year?

i’m 17 going into y13 (female) taking English lit, history, law and EPQ and i’m from west yorkshire
Dillt2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hey! I am very excited as well! i didnt realise we could request our watson glaser results. I might have to send them an email to find mine out later. also I wouldnt worry about your score too much and if you didnt make the mark then that means your application mustve been great still! have you booked accommodation yet?
I am lucky enough to not have to book accommodation - I live pretty close to London, so I’ll probably just commute each day. I live in a commuter town, so I doubt booking accommodation would be necessary.
Dillt2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh, also, hiya! I’m Dillon from Milton Keynes.

I do A Levels in History, Chemistry and Philosophy & Ethics.

Got an A in EPQ and ABC at AS.
miaevansssss
Rep:
?
I'm going into year 13 in september and that's cool that 2 of our A levels are the same, what exam boards are you with? Have you decided what to do your EPQ on yet? xx
Dillt2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Are you both intending to do LLBs? I’m pretty certain that I’m going to apply to study History instead of Law.

What about Oxbridge? Either of you applying?
Ashstudent1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm going into year 13 in september and that's cool that 2 of our A levels are the same, what exam boards are you with? Have you decided what to do your EPQ on yet? xx
i’m doing AQA law and OCR english x and my epq is gonna be on the impact/consequences of wrongful convictions and how the government compensates victims basically (but i can’t find a way to squash that all into a reasonable title lol)
Dillt2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ashstudent1)
i’m doing AQA law and OCR english x and my epq is gonna be on the impact/consequences of wrongful convictions and how the government compensates victims basically (but i can’t find a way to squash that all into a reasonable title lol)
Sounds like a super interesting topic! My title was “To what extent was James I responsible for the Witch Trials?”
Ashstudent1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Dillt2003)
Are you both intending to do LLBs? I’m pretty certain that I’m going to apply to study History instead of Law.

What about Oxbridge? Either of you applying?
i’m applying to oxford for law, also thinking of lse, bristol, warwick and leeds. i really like anthropology so i think i’ll apply for joint honours anthropology and law at lse but i realised too late that i might like to do anthropology instead so i don’t really have a choice now as i have nothing to put in a ps for it lol. i know i want to go into law as a career but it would’ve been nice to do an anthropology degree instead
Dillt2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i’m applying to oxford for law, also thinking of lse, bristol, warwick and leeds. i really like anthropology so i think i’ll apply for joint honours anthropology and law at lse but i realised too late that i might like to do anthropology instead so i don’t really have a choice now as i have nothing to put in a ps for it lol. i know i want to go into law as a career but it would’ve been nice to do an anthropology degree instead
Oxford’s Law course looks super cool! Isn’t it like all pomp and it’s actually a “Jurisprudence” BA?

I’ll probably apply to Cambridge instead of Oxford for History.

Do you have an oxford college in mind?
Ashstudent1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Dillt2003)
Sounds like a super interesting topic! My title was “To what extent was James I responsible for the Witch Trials?”
i studied a brief overview of that at gcse, i was actually thinking of doing mine on that topic - something like; to what extent were the witch trials misogynistic? but i was told that it was better to base it on your chosen university subject
Dillt2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i studied a brief overview of that at gcse, i was actually thinking of doing mine on that topic - something like; to what extent were the witch trials misogynistic? but i was told that it was better to base it on your chosen university subject
Crime and Punishment??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads