Quick - how to find groups on Facebook for uni

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've heard theirs groups on Facebook you can join for your uni but I don't know how to look for them?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you’re determined to join Facebook groups then find your university Facebook page or student union Facebook page and ask them if they have an official group.

Avoid unofficial groups If you can. They’re run by club promoters and will be pressure selling tickets to events that won’t happen
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi!

Just look at your student union Facebook page or type in "Freshers ( your university)" but as said above try to stick to the official pages.

Marlena - Official Student Rep
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you’re determined to join Facebook groups
Is it not a good idea to?
username3754758
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You should get a welcome email from the uni saying what you can do next. They will then link the facebook freshers group if they have one. It will normally be private. Hope this helps
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it not a good idea to?
It can be a great idea but it's important to either stick to the official groups (note a lot of the dodgy groups call themselves "official" ) or be sceptical of any members who post links to tickets or talk about drinking and freshers events constantly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads