Landlords continue to profit from Covid

Watch
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
I'm assuming you care little about this because it's all in a landlords risk, but are all for freezing of rent?
On a scale, do I care about the kids I teach who don't eat properly or landlords I think you would know what I would say.

At the end of the day if the turd hits the fan, a landlord still has an asset on which to cover their debt. And based on recent market trends, chances are they will likely still walk away with a tidy profit.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
On a scale, do I care about the kids I teach who don't eat properly or landlords I think you would know what I would say.

At the end of the day if the turd hits the fan, a landlord still has an asset on which to cover their debt. And based on recent market trends, chances are they will likely still walk away with a tidy profit.
Don't eat properly and given a months eviction notice?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I think we need a grip on reality here, firstly young students adults not eating properly by poverty isn't the norm so letsnot pull that nonsense heart string.

You can't falsify some claim up you are protecting those at the poorer end of the scale when you intervene to defend financial industry and their shareholders by challenging my statement that landlords mortgages should be frozen along with tenants rents! It's clear you are not concerned those most needy.

Also I think you may be a little unaware of the issues and struggles landlords suffer, although granted it would be a brave (or foolish) first time landlord who would take on a student HMO, but some do... and fail.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Quady)
Don't eat properly and given a months eviction notice?
No. I'm more concerned about people who stuggle to make ends meet then landlords. The worst case scenario for a landlord is they give their asset back to the bank.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No. I'm more concerned about people who stuggle to make ends meet then landlords. The worst case scenario for a landlord is they give their asset back to the bank.
Yes, making the hungry person homeless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.55%
No (273)
78.45%

Watched Threads