The Student Room Group

Universal credit starting university

I’m moving to London for university but I’m current claiming universal credit when do I tell them I’m going to university? Do I tell them the day I go or the day my university course starts? I usually get paid on 25th September but my start date is end of September can I still get Septembers payment or not?
You get paid in arrears so you should receive a payment on 25th September. I would advise you told them you are off to uni at your earliest convenience. Delaying so could show you're trying to circumvent the truth just to receive an additional payment and that is the last thing you want when you're off to uni. You have too much to lose for a few hundred pounds but rest assure you will receive your Sept payment. The date you tell them you are off to uni is the date your course starts, not the date you move to London.

Congratulations in getting into uni and I wish you the best of luck on your course.
Reply 2
Okay I will let them know today, so I will still get my next months payment?:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Okay I will let them know today, so I will still get my next months payment?:smile:

Login to student finance it should say when the next one comes
Original post by Anonymous

You will get a payment on Sept 25th. You might even get a little amount on 25th Oct too..
Reply 5
For universal credit? I will definitely get the payment on 25th? It all helps paying towards uni
Reply 6
Yes I’m getting full maintenance loan
Will I get a little bit in October or just September one? My start date is 28th September thank youuu
Reply 7
I don’t think I will still get UC as I’m in education (uni) I’m still looking for work tho to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending