Our response to government announcement on A-Levels and GCSEs

Watch
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
The University of Sunderland welcomes the clarification provided by the government that A-level and GCSE results will revert to teacher-assessed grades based on coursework and mock exams.

The University will honour all offers confirmed since the initial A-level results were announced last week. In addition, we will re-evaluate candidates who had been adversely affected by having their grades moderated in line with the algorithm.

The University has already adopted a very flexible approach to candidates who felt their moderated grades did not reflect their predicted achievements. This also applies to applicants who have had to re-sit GCSEs in Maths or English as part of admission requirements.

We advise any applicant who wishes to have their eligibility reviewed in the wake of this new approach to contact us on our Helpline 0191 515 3000 or for more information visit www.sunderland.ac.uk/clearing/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (151)
43.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed