Leeds Applicants Megathread for 2021 entry

Watch
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would like to have more people in the same boat with me here!
Remember to leave your information as follows. Here is my information below.
What course you are applying for: Mechanical engineering
What universities you are thinking of: Leeds, Imperial, Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*AAA-A*A*A*A
GCSE/IGCSE grades: 998888 as first cohort in the school
Extra curriculars: Flight training (2018-19), Church gospel team (2017-), Christmas fair (2019), University summer and online short courses (2019-20) in big data, smart city, energy and engineering mechanics, piano (G8 in 2021), swimming
Why Leeds? I have checked their modules and quite a few of them appeal to me, such as Vehicle Design and Analysis being a transport fan.
(For international students) Nationality: Hong Kong
(For international students) English test score: IELTS 8.0 overall
Last edited by 8013; 1 month ago
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can find a massive list of applicants' threads for other universities here. :woo:
justjas33
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya
What course are you applying for?: International History and Politics *whoop*
What universities are you thinking of: Edinburgh, Exeter, St Andrews (but I’m not v sure on St Andrews atm lol), and not sure on the 5th - maybe Southampton, Sheffield, Sussex, Warwick or Lancaster (the indecisiveness is real)
A-Level / IB / Higher Predicted Grades: AAA
GCSE grades: 887755543
Extra-curriculars: A whole load of reading (history non-fiction, historical fiction), podcasts, MOOCs, several summer schools (online) such as UNIQ.
Why Leeds?: I’m a massive fan of modern history, foreign policy and international relations vibes, so this course at Leeds was literally the perfect combo of all the history and the elements of politics I’m interested in....the modules are ace.
username3087906
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hello hello!

What course you are applying for: Law! - graduate entry
What universities you are thinking of: (not trying to jinx any of them)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: n/a
GCSE/IGCSE grades: n/a
Extracurriculars: acting, singing, author (published 4 books), NBLSA (national black law student association), social content creator (digital media marketing, having own blog/podcasts etc.)
Why Leeds? I think its an amazing diverse/international city, and the uni has a good reputation for law as well as student satisfaction!
(For international students) Nationality: USA w/ dual citizenship to the UK
justjas33
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by leena-pluto)
hello hello!

What course you are applying for: Law! - graduate entry
What universities you are thinking of: (not trying to jinx any of them)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: n/a
GCSE/IGCSE grades: n/a
Extracurriculars: acting, singing, author (published 4 books), NBLSA (national black law student association), social content creator (digital media marketing, having own blog/podcasts etc.)
Why Leeds? I think its an amazing diverse/international city, and the uni has a good reputation for law as well as student satisfaction!
(For international students) Nationality: USA w/ dual citizenship to the UK
oohh good luck!
username3087906
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by justjas33)
oohh good luck!
thank you!! you too x
JaffaNeko
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone!

I am applying for the MSc Biodiversity & Conservation with African Field Course for 2021 after 2 years out of education so I'm catching up on my reading haha.

Good Luck to everyone else applying
Jess2056
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What course are you applying for: Business Management
What other universities are you thinking of: I have applied for: Loughborough, Leeds, Newcastle, Nottingham and Manchester
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: I'm currently on a gap year, so I already have my corona grades: AAB
GCSE grades: 766AAABBBB
Extra curriculars: Football, Basketball, Gaming, big fan of the gym, girl guide leader.
Why Leeds: The course modules are amazing, it allows for lots of customisation, campus had a great feel to it.

I received my offer for Leeds today! Conditional on the verification of my A Level certificates! Super happy. It was my first offer as well
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jess2056)
What course are you applying for: Business Management
What other universities are you thinking of: I have applied for: Loughborough, Leeds, Newcastle, Nottingham and Manchester
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: I'm currently on a gap year, so I already have my corona grades: AAB
GCSE grades: 766AAABBBB
Extra curriculars: Football, Basketball, Gaming, big fan of the gym, girl guide leader.
Why Leeds: The course modules are amazing, it allows for lots of customisation, campus had a great feel to it.

I received my offer for Leeds today! Conditional on the verification of my A Level certificates! Super happy. It was my first offer as well
Congratulations! It’s so exciting that they’ve started hanging out offers already!! Does anyone know when Leeds typically start giving out conditional offers?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
handing*
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just got a conditional offer for Computer Science and Mathematics
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Yayyyy, congratulations!

(Original post by casabonita)
Yayyy congratulations, that’s amazing!!! Where else did you apply?
justjas33
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Woo congrats!!
playboiaboodi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What course you are applying for: Law
What universities you are thinking of: Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Leicester
A level predicted grades: A*AB (planning on getting it up to a A*AA or potentially A*A*A)
GCSE and IGCSE grades: 966B55431
Extra curriculars: MUN, student investor challenge, tutoring year 12 sociology students and in a student law society
Why Leeds? I love the city
(For international students) Nationality: Ethnically Iraqi but I grew up in Dubai
(For international students) English test score: haven't taken in it yet
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by playboiaboodi)
What course you are applying for: Law
What universities you are thinking of: Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Leicester
A level predicted grades: A*AB (planning on getting it up to a A*AA or potentially A*A*A)
GCSE and IGCSE grades: 966B55431
Extra curriculars: MUN, student investor challenge, tutoring year 12 sociology students and in a student law society
Why Leeds? I love the city
(For international students) Nationality: Ethnically Iraqi but I grew up in Dubai
(For international students) English test score: haven't taken in it yet
Are you taking IELTS?
playboiaboodi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 8013)
Are you taking IELTS?
Im probably gonna take the IELTS some time this month
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I will be sending my application off in the last week of October. It is almost ready.
As my birthday is in November, I may even get an OFFER from the university as a birthday present!
lilyryder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Got a conditional offer for law at Leeds today! Any other law applicants on this thread?
Han_03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I’m applying for MSci Medicinal Chemistry.
My A levels are Biology, Psychology and Chemistry and I’m predicted A*A*A (my goal is A*AA).
My GCSE grades were 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 7.
In terms of extra curricular and free time I used to play hockey until recently, I volunteer at a Brownies group, I did some work experience at UCLH and I have a job. I am also on Kings K+ programme.
I liked the look of Leeds online and I found the taster lecture for my course very interesting, plus the campus looks very nice.
Other unis I’m looking at are Exeter and KCL, and maybe York and Keele but they’re undecided.
Last edited by Han_03; 1 week ago
liliana1458
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow that's great news! When did you apply ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (52)
16.72%
I'm not sure (8)
2.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (107)
34.41%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.29%
I'm not a current university student (140)
45.02%

Watched Threads