REALLY NERVOUS FOR RESULTS DAY WHAT GRADE WILL i GET- ANY tEACHER HERE?

Watch
meticulouswizard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So this is what I got in my mock (December/Jan time) - I didn't revise for most of my subjects - but the ones I did I will say, this was due to lack of organisation/ 'it's just mocks'/procrastination (wanting to do things perfectly but then ending up doing them last minute because the fear of not doing some revision outweighs doing it perfectly)

so...
English lit - 6 (according to internal grade boundaries - they are much higher) - we did last years paper , I didn't cheat , started revising a few days before the exam(it was Xmas hols so) but the mark I got according to last year's grade boundaries should've been a 9 according to external grade boundaries, I don't know if my school will take that into account or not.

Lang - 6 (according to internal grade boundaries don't know what it would've been according to external grade boundaries)- didn't revise - winged it.

Maths(i'm in set 1 btw - ikr) - 6 ( according to external grade boundaries)- didn't revise at all - made loads of silly mistakes in exam, loads of people cheated and got away as they found out it was last years paper

Combined science - 89 - read and understand the revision guide a week before the exam - this was according to last year's GB.

History and Psychology - 7 ( two marks of and 8 for both) these subjects had a lot of content to revise for so I didn't even bother to pick up a book and just went off my classroom knowledge.

French - 7 - revised last min here and there - did my speaking in March and miraculously got a 9 - I acc don't know how

Economics - 9 ( my first ever official mock exam so I took it more seriously and revised but this was only P1 we hadn't finished the content for P2 but still did the exam but never got it back )

R.S - 7 - didn't revise - winged it - waffled

Further maths ( Mock happened in March) - looked at some past papers here and there - this helped a lot the first paper was hard but the second was a lot easier and sicne there were no GB yet first year to do the exam (not anymore) I got 69% I also missed the first year of Further maths and joined in year 11.

So yea could you guys help me predict what I wil get tmrw , and will teacher take into account that I would have started revising seriously after mocks and hence improved until the actual exam or will they just give me my mock grades?
Last edited by meticulouswizard; 10 months ago
Ccharlie1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Study6076)
So this is what I got in my mock (December/Jan time) - I didn't revise for most of my subjects - but the ones I did I will say, this was due to lack of organisation/ 'it's just mocks'/procrastination (wanting to do things perfectly but then ending up doing them last minute because the fear of not doing some revision outweighs doing it perfectly)

so...
English lit - 6 (according to internal grade boundaries - they are much higher) - we did last years paper , I didn't cheat , started revising a few days before the exam(it was Xmas hols so) but the mark I got according to last year's grade boundaries should've been a 9 according to external grade boundaries, I don't know if my school will take that into account or not.

Lang - 6 (according to internal grade boundaries don't know what it would've been according to external grade boundaries)- didn't revise - winged it.

Maths(i'm in set 1 btw - ikr) - 6 ( according to external grade boundaries)- didn't revise at all - made loads of silly mistakes in exam, loads of people cheated and got away as they found out it was last years paper

Combined science - 89 - read and understand the revision guide a week before the exam - this was according to last year's GB.

History and Psychology - 7 ( two marks of and 8 for both) these subjects had a lot of content to revise for so I didn't even bother to pick up a book and just went off my classroom knowledge.

French - 7 - revised last min here and there - did my speaking in March and miraculously got a 9 - I acc don't know how

Economics - 9 ( my first ever official mock exam so I took it more seriously and revised but this was only P1 we hadn't finished the content for P2 but still did the exam but never got it back )

R.S - 7 - didn't revise - winged it - waffled

Further maths ( Mock happened in March) - looked at some past papers here and there - this helped a lot the first paper was hard but the second was a lot easier and sicne there were no GB yet first year to do the exam (not anymore) I got 69% I also missed the first year of Further maths and joined in year 11.

So yea could you guys help me predict what I wil get tmrw , and will teacher take into account that I would have started revising seriously after mocks and hence improved until the actual exam or will they just give me my mock grades?
I am 2 years older than you so going to university this year. As far as i am aware as my sister is also getting hers tomorrow you will get your mock grades. The fact that you will of started revising will of course not be taken into account. I heard in the news that you might be getting the teachers predicted grades so that might help you!!
Honestly dont worry about it though them mock grades are really good, you should be proud of them.
If you are in a situation where you arent happy or dont agree with your grades then you can always appeal.
Good luck!!!
meticulouswizard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Ccharlie1)
I am 2 years older than you so going to university this year. As far as i am aware as my sister is also getting hers tomorrow you will get your mock grades. The fact that you will of started revising will of course not be taken into account. I heard in the news that you might be getting the teachers predicted grades so that might help you!!
Honestly dont worry about it though them mock grades are really good, you should be proud of them.
If you are in a situation where you arent happy or dont agree with your grades then you can always appeal.
Good luck!!!
yea we are getting our teacher predicted to grades, which is why I am saying would they have taken into account that you would have improved from Jan and more ppl would have taken it seriously
Ccharlie1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Study6076)
yea we are getting our teacher predicted to grades, which is why I am saying would they have taken into account that you would have improved from Jan and more ppl would have taken it seriously
No that won't be taken into consideration because they can't make a prediction on something that you haven't done. It will be based on the work that you were already doing in class and what grade the teacher will think that you could of got.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You will get the best of:

• the grade your teacher put down for you - your centre assessed grade (CAG)
  • the standardised grade that would have been given to you pre-u-turn, which took into account prior attainment at your school and your rank order. It was purely statistical correction and they would know nothing else about your performance. (mock grades etc.) If the grades teachers predicted people at your school would mean that their grades were a lot lower than previous years, then this should have been corrected and your grades will be higher than the teacher estimate.
Really we have no way of knowing what your teachers put down for you. It just depends what they think you were capable of getting. They should take into account that mocks won't represent all that you're capable of and your other work in class. There is a chance (if your school was a bit naughty) they will have predicted much higher than they thought people would get to try their luck.
Last edited by _gcx; 10 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.54%
Excited but a bit nervous (111)
45.49%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.52%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.44%

Watched Threads