The Student Room Group

Lnat for 2021 help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Button212
Read on Glasgow uni’s website not to book the test for 2021?

Did you book your LNAT? I don’t know if to as Glasgow’s my only LNAT uni
Original post by Unihelp43

Then you don’t need to
Which date does registering for LNAT close?
The last date is 15 January ( doesn’t apply to oxford)
Original post by salviakasana03
The last date is 15 January ( doesn’t apply to oxford)

Thanks
Original post by Unihelp43

So, should anyone applying to Glasgow University for Law not sit the LNAT anymore? I'm confused as I've been studying for it and have been told by my school that to enter I need to sit the LNAT?
Original post by cocoxoxo
So, should anyone applying to Glasgow University for Law not sit the LNAT anymore? I'm confused as I've been studying for it and have been told by my school that to enter I need to sit the LNAT?

You should mail them? Or attend an open day
Original post by salviakasana03
You should mail them? Or attend an open day

I haven't had a response back but it looks like the LNAT is now a requirement again!
When is everyone's test dates for the LNAT?
I have my LNAT tomorrow and was feeling alright about it but I just did the final test on the Arbitio and got 18. My average is 24 and my highest score is 29 but then I've also got a 17 and an 18, so I'm really concerned about the variability of my scores. I haven't done the official tests from the site yet as I'm saving them for tonight/tomorrow morning but now I'm really worried that this is going to mess up my chances. Can anyone give me some insight about the level of difficulty of the real test compared to Arbitio and the official practice papers?
Reply 30
Original post by lilyryder
I have my LNAT tomorrow and was feeling alright about it but I just did the final test on the Arbitio and got 18. My average is 24 and my highest score is 29 but then I've also got a 17 and an 18, so I'm really concerned about the variability of my scores. I haven't done the official tests from the site yet as I'm saving them for tonight/tomorrow morning but now I'm really worried that this is going to mess up my chances. Can anyone give me some insight about the level of difficulty of the real test compared to Arbitio and the official practice papers?

From people on TSR I’ve heard arbitio is really tough compared to the real deal. People usually end up scoring 7-10 marks more than the average on the real test but at the same time I hope you’re well rested and prepared to answer the different question types.

How long have you been studying for?
Original post by cocoxoxo
How long have you been studying for?

About a month
I have mine on the 13th and I still haven’t wrote my personal statement so I will be prepping for my lnat and writing my SOP all in a week
Hopefully the lnat goes well it’s such an obscure test that one day I get 38 another time I get *****y ones like 18 but I’d say my average is 25-35

Hii, can I know how did it went? I'm doing mine tomorrow, previously I was going to do it on the 14th but due to coronavirus getting worse in my country so I have to do it in my own state (which only 6th is available).
Heyy! I also have the LNAT today (Oct5th) and honestly I’ve been doing practise papers from a book that I bought (it was a bit pricy probs around £30) and they seem to be at a realistic level compared to the actual papers, on average I think the general consensus is that Arbitio papers are a bit harder, but honestly it all comes down to the passages you get in the actual exam and staying cool and collected. Remember you can’t actually fail the LNAT and a good score definitely doesn’t mean you will get a place same as a bad score doesn’t mean you won’t! Good luck xx
Well, I woke up with stomach flu and vomited multiple times (including right before the test) so I don’t think my perception of the test is particularly applicable. The reading section was alright I think (though I can never really tell how I’ve done). There was a surprising amount of maths (I had 3 questions on maths - calculating percentages, long division and simple addition) and I felt like about 50% of the questions could easily have had two different answers. Overall, it wasn’t awful but it also wasn’t easy. Writing was awful, mainly because I was ill the whole time. I made some decent points but didn’t get to finish or proofread my essay. Half of the essay was a jumble of points rather than coherently structured. I’m pretty disappointed because writing essays has always been my strong suit but I’m hoping that my writing skills are at least evident in my PS :/I did the official practice tests yesterday and got scores between 24-30 which was promising but I’m now fully expecting a terrible score :frown: Oh well, there’s always next year 😂 I’ll update in Feb hahaha.
Well, I woke up with stomach flu and vomited multiple times (including right before the test) so I don’t think my perception of the test is particularly applicable. The reading section was alright I think (though I can never really tell how I’ve done). There was a surprising amount of maths (I had 3 questions on maths - calculating percentages, long division and simple addition) and I felt like about 50% of the questions could easily have had two different answers. Overall, it wasn’t awful but it also wasn’t easy. Writing was awful, mainly because I was ill the whole time. I made some decent points but didn’t get to finish or proofread my essay. Half of the essay was a jumble of points rather than coherently structured. I’m pretty disappointed because writing essays has always been my strong suit but I’m hoping that my writing skills are at least evident in my PS :/I did the official practice tests yesterday and got scores between 24-30 which was promising but I’m now fully expecting a terrible score :frown: Oh well, there’s always next year 😂 I’ll update in Feb hahaha.

Just remember last years average was around 21.5, you can easily get quite a few wrong and still end up with a good score!

How awful for you being ill and having to sit that test. My daughter sat the test last year and will sit it again in Dec as she is reapplying, I don't remember her having maths in her test (not that she mentioned) :s-smilie:

Awhh, it's so bad to hear that. Anyways, I'm sure you will do well. Good luck!
Original post by brandon1102
Hii, can I know how did it went? I'm doing mine tomorrow, previously I was going to do it on the 14th but due to coronavirus getting worse in my country so I have to do it in my own state (which only 6th is available).

Brandon how did it go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending