take my accommodation offer at my insurance or not as I'm appealing my grades

Watch
LadyScheherazade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
#1
My firm was Kings (offer AAB) and my insurance was Royal Holloway (offer ABB), lets just say that results day for me was disastrous as I got BCU, but somehow Royal Holloway still offered me a place and so I rushed to book accommodation. Obviously I have decided to appeal both of my grades (my sixth form confirmed this). I have now got an offer for accommodation and if I don't accept the offer then I might not get accommodation, but if I do then I am stuck in a binding contract that I can't get out of (checked the terms and conditions therefore still haven't accepted yet). So here is my issue, apparently my centre assessed grades are ABB, but my predicted grades are AAB. So if the appeal was to go through, would I be getting ABB, because then i might as well accept the accommodation offer. But even then Kings has not said that they are holding my place so am I clutching at straws here? Maybe this is a stupid question, but I still can't get rid of that hope that I might still have a chance of getting into my firm. I have only got until the 20th (tomorrow) to make my decision on accommodation. What would you do if you were me?
0
reply
dev2299j
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
#2
Report 9 months ago
#2
I would take the Royal Holloway offer unless you're 100% at the moment (unless you're willing to possibly take a gap year or have to find yourself new accomodation at RHUL). Most people have gone up and are in the same boat so try to call up the uni and say wat they say? What accomodation did you get into ar Royal Holloway by the way? I applied through clearing and got put in to an awful accomodation
0
reply
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#3
Report 9 months ago
#3
(Original post by LadyScheherazade)
My firm was Kings (offer AAB) and my insurance was Royal Holloway (offer ABB), lets just say that results day for me was disastrous as I got BCU, but somehow Royal Holloway still offered me a place and so I rushed to book accommodation. Obviously I have decided to appeal both of my grades (my sixth form confirmed this). I have now got an offer for accommodation and if I don't accept the offer then I might not get accommodation, but if I do then I am stuck in a binding contract that I can't get out of (checked the terms and conditions therefore still haven't accepted yet). So here is my issue, apparently my centre assessed grades are ABB, but my predicted grades are AAB. So if the appeal was to go through, would I be getting ABB, because then i might as well accept the accommodation offer. But even then Kings has not said that they are holding my place so am I clutching at straws here? Maybe this is a stupid question, but I still can't get rid of that hope that I might still have a chance of getting into my firm. I have only got until the 20th (tomorrow) to make my decision on accommodation. What would you do if you were me?
You will get your centre assessed grades of ABB. If that is definite that they are your CAGs then I would phone Kings tomorrow and ask them if there is any way they can accept you on the course with those grades? If they say No then at least you will know and can accept the accommodation at Royal Holloway.

I understand this will be a bit disappointing if it happens but at least you have much better grades now with ABB and you have still got into a good uni
0
reply
LadyScheherazade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#4
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
#4
(Original post by harrysbar)
You will get your centre assessed grades of ABB. If that is definite that they are your CAGs then I would phone Kings tomorrow and ask them if there is any way they can accept you on the course with those grades? If they say No then at least you will know and can accept the accommodation at Royal Holloway.

I understand this will be a bit disappointing if it happens but at least you have much better grades now with ABB and you have still got into a good uni
I talked to the head of science in my sixth form and she said that apparently the new grades would be given in the space of a few days. Is that true? Because then if it is then that completely changes my situation as I have the right to cancel my accommodation within the space of 7 days of accepting my offer. Either way I would be happier with ABB although I would be devastated at not getting into my firm. At the end of the day though it is life and I will get over it as it is a good university. But I'm still going to look at clearing as well as well if there are any good places. This sounds like I really am opposed to going to Royal Holloway (I'm not) but its just that I want to know all of my options.
0
reply
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#5
Report 9 months ago
#5
(Original post by LadyScheherazade)
I talked to the head of science in my sixth form and she said that apparently the new grades would be given in the space of a few days. Is that true? Because then if it is then that completely changes my situation as I have the right to cancel my accommodation within the space of 7 days of accepting my offer. Either way I would be happier with ABB although I would be devastated at not getting into my firm. At the end of the day though it is life and I will get over it as it is a good university. But I'm still going to look at clearing as well as well if there are any good places. This sounds like I really am opposed to going to Royal Holloway (I'm not) but its just that I want to know all of my options.
Yes it's true you should get the new grades soon but I would still wait as long as you can before accepting the RHUL acccommodation without losing it so take a close look at what they have said about when you have to accept it by
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads

View All