McDonald’s second interview?

Watch
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I just had a telephone interview for a McDonald’s and he said I did really well and he wants to invite me to a second interview face to face. He said it would either be with him or another person, so I don’t really know what to expect. Can I expect them to ask the same questions plus some new ones, and will they do an OJE still or not because of the pandemic?
CJ202020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
I just had a telephone interview for a McDonald’s and he said I did really well and he wants to invite me to a second interview face to face. He said it would either be with him or another person, so I don’t really know what to expect. Can I expect them to ask the same questions plus some new ones, and will they do an OJE still or not because of the pandemic?
So what happened? How did it go?
elephant8989
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in the same position now, what happened? How did it go and what did they ask you?
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CJ202020)
So what happened? How did it go?
I didn’t end up doing it. At the time I had applied for two different McDonald’s, I had phone interviews for both and the first one said they’d get back to me in a few days if I got the job, the second one (which is the one I was talking about in this thread) said they wanted to give me a second face to face interview. Well, the guy from the first McDonald’s contacted me to say I got the job so I turned down the second interview at the McDonald’s I was talking about. I work at the first McDonald’s now so idk what type of questions are in the second interview because I never had one. Sorry :/
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
(Original post by elephant8989)
I'm in the same position now, what happened? How did it go and what did they ask you?
I didn’t end up doing it. At the time I had applied for two different McDonald’s, I had phone interviews for both and the first one said they’d get back to me in a few days if I got the job, the second one (which is the one I was talking about in this thread) said they wanted to give me a second face to face interview. Well, the guy from the first McDonald’s contacted me to say I got the job so I turned down the second interview at the McDonald’s I was talking about. I work at the first McDonald’s now so idk what type of questions are in the second interview because I never had one. Sorry :/
CJ202020
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congratulations! I'm happy you got the job! What questions did you get asked in the phone interview?
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
Congratulations! I'm happy you got the job! What questions did you get asked in the phone interview?
Thank you. For the McDonald’s that I work at, the interview questions weren’t that good tbh :lol: as in they don’t really seem to care about previous experience or anything, they care more about your availability, how you travel to work etc. So the questions were:

1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What’s your availability like?
3. How would you travel to work?
4. If I gave you a shift that finished at 2am, would you do it?
5. How long do you plan on staying with us?
6. Do you have any questions for me?

I’m 99% sure I got the job because I have pretty good availability (only doing 2 subjects at sixth form so have more free time than most), I drive, and because I said yes to working to late and overnight shifts. Also, I’m doing a gap year (possibly two) so I’m going to be with them for a while. The other McDonald’s asked very different questions like:

1. What do you know about McDonald’s?
2. Why do you want to work at McDonald’s?
3. What are our five values?
4. Some situational questions like a mum comes in with noisy kids, how would you handle the situation?
And a few more questions. A good place to look is glassdoor for ideas about what questions they will ask, as most of the common questions on glassdoor came up in my interview.

If you’re interviewing at a McDonald’s, it all depends on the individual restaurant tbh. Some restaurants like line are just super busy all the time, so they want people who can stay long term, who can get to work quickly and on short notice and how are happy to work long and unsociable shifts. Other McDonald’s like the other one I interviewed for would prefer to take someone who has good values and knows about the company. Different priorities you see
CJ202020
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you. For the McDonald’s that I work at, the interview questions weren’t that good tbh :lol: as in they don’t really seem to care about previous experience or anything, they care more about your availability, how you travel to work etc. So the questions were:

1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What’s your availability like?
3. How would you travel to work?
4. If I gave you a shift that finished at 2am, would you do it?
5. How long do you plan on staying with us?
6. Do you have any questions for me?

I’m 99% sure I got the job because I have pretty good availability (only doing 2 subjects at sixth form so have more free time than most), I drive, and because I said yes to working to late and overnight shifts. Also, I’m doing a gap year (possibly two) so I’m going to be with them for a while. The other McDonald’s asked very different questions like:

1. What do you know about McDonald’s?
2. Why do you want to work at McDonald’s?
3. What are our five values?
4. Some situational questions like a mum comes in with noisy kids, how would you handle the situation?
And a few more questions. A good place to look is glassdoor for ideas about what questions they will ask, as most of the common questions on glassdoor came up in my interview.

If you’re interviewing at a McDonald’s, it all depends on the individual restaurant tbh. Some restaurants like line are just super busy all the time, so they want people who can stay long term, who can get to work quickly and on short notice and how are happy to work long and unsociable shifts. Other McDonald’s like the other one I interviewed for would prefer to take someone who has good values and knows about the company. Different priorities you see
Oh wow, thank you for that detailed reply!

I bet you were made up when you asked those easy questions 😂

What did you answer for the five values?

I've been looking on glassdoor, reddit and this site lol

Do you know if any of them 2 stores are franchises or corporate stores?
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
Oh wow, thank you for that detailed reply!

I bet you were made up when you asked those easy questions 😂

What did you answer for the five values?

I've been looking on glassdoor, reddit and this site lol

Do you know if any of them 2 stores are franchises or corporate stores?
My store is franchised but only very recently, like 2 years franchises.
Here’s where you find info about the five values

https://corporate.mcdonalds.com/corp...ur-values.html

yeah I was super surprised about the easy questions from the first McDonald’s :lol: grateful though. The second one wanted to interview me again sure but I was jsut happy too have an easy interview and get offered the job. Whole hiring process took a week
CJ202020
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My store is franchised but only very recently, like 2 years franchises.
Here’s where you find info about the five values

https://corporate.mcdonalds.com/corp...ur-values.html

yeah I was super surprised about the easy questions from the first McDonald’s :lol: grateful though. The second one wanted to interview me again sure but I was jsut happy too have an easy interview and get offered the job. Whole hiring process took a week
Thank you very much! I found that link but just wasnt sure if that was right or not 😅

Do you know if the other McDonald's, who wanted 2 interviews is a franchise or corporate store?

Also did you have the phone interview with a business manager or a recruiter?
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
Thank you very much! I found that link but just wasnt sure if that was right or not 😅

Do you know if the other McDonald's, who wanted 2 interviews is a franchise or corporate store?

Also did you have the phone interview with a business manager or a recruiter?
I’m not sure if the second one was franchise or corporate tbh. Judging by the questions they asked, I’m guessing it was corporate but they could have been franchise and pride themselves on sticking to the McDonald’s image etc. I believe my phone interview at both McDonald’s was actually with the shift managers, I never talked to or met the business manager at my McDonald’s until my first day on the job, the person I spoke to for my interview was one of the shift managers. For the second McDonald’s I can’t be too sure, I think the second interview was supposed to be with the business manager but the first interview I’m not sure who it was :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise