The Student Room Group

He recycled the pet name with me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sammylou40
Why would he need to?

Well he doesn't but why not? I would feel awkward if the ex could still see my playlists
Original post by Anonymous
Well he doesn't but why not? I would feel awkward if the ex could still see my playlists

It only music!
Reply 22
This is a minor thing to breakup over.
That said, you seem to be grasping at any sort of reason to end things; it comes off as if you are not happy in this relationship. Please know that if you dont like someone in that way, you shouldnt feel trapped to 'make excuses' to break up. Just not liking him in that way is enough.
just go ask him. if his reaction is a bit 'over the top' then that's a red flag for you. but it's just a pet name, if you don't feel comfortable with it then tell him, and hopefully he'll understand :smile:
It only music!

Yeah but what's the need to share it? Why not just keep it to yourself?
Yeah but what's the need to share it? Why not just keep it to yourself?

Why should he? It’s music. Not classified information. Far too sensitive
Why should he? It’s music. Not classified information. Far too sensitive

I guess it's just personal preference if you want to share your music taste - I understand what you're saying but it's just something that I would never do. I guess other people don't fear the judgement - I would always worry that people will critique my taste. Also could he not just change the name - it seems a little weird if he has a public playlist that could potentially be titled "My true love, snuggle bug". Why not call it "songs" or "playlist"... I get that it's supposed to be a dedication but why not share the playlist privately?
I guess it's just personal preference if you want to share your music taste - I understand what you're saying but it's just something that I would never do. I guess other people don't fear the judgement - I would always worry that people will critique my taste. Also could he not just change the name - it seems a little weird if he has a public playlist that could potentially be titled "My true love, snuggle bug". Why not call it "songs" or "playlist"... I get that it's supposed to be a dedication but why not share the playlist privately?

Do you think there’s an intention in doing so? Like making others see the playlist as in my case?
Do you think there’s an intention in doing so? Like making others see the playlist as in my case?

I genuinely do. I don't think it's appropriate to leave remnants from the past on there - almost like old posts on social media with the ex in- most people get rid of them. It almost feels like they're hanging on.
I genuinely do. I don't think it's appropriate to leave remnants from the past on there - almost like old posts on social media with the ex in- most people get rid of them. It almost feels like they're hanging on.

Honestly I think he didn’t think of me going inside his profile and snooping around. I think he is just forgetful and careless.
anyway, a friend of mine said “are you sure that relationship is completely over?”
I have some pic of my ex on fb but like 1 or 2, also does he. This I don’t see it as a serious thing as for example I don’t care about my ex at all, there are more people in the picture.
f

Honestly I think he didn’t think of me going inside his profile and snooping around. I think he is just forgetful and careless.
anyway, a friend of mine said “are you sure that relationship is completely over?”
I have some pic of my ex on fb but like 1 or 2, also does he. This I don’t see it as a serious thing as for example I don’t care about my ex at all, there are more people in the picture.

fair enough - you do you

It’s not appropriate to expect people to delete their past. It’s music. If these were private photos I’d vaguely agree.
It’s just music
Honestly, if this is your reaction to a play list, you’re going to have real problems in future relationships
It’s not appropriate to expect people to delete their past. It’s music. If these were private photos I’d vaguely agree.
It’s just music
Honestly, if this is your reaction to a play list, you’re going to have real problems in future relationships

Maybe - but at least I am upfront about it and thankfully I don't plan on ever being in one. For the sake of myself and the other person! Insecurity and distrust are not new topics for me and I'm most definitely toxic in that sense. :colondollar:
It’s just music

My problem is not the playlist, is the recycled pet name or
Maybe you refer to this person writing there
My problem is not the playlist, is the recycled pet name or
Maybe you refer to this person writing there

It was the person writing there, not you.
But I do think you’re being over sensitive
The way to deal with it is to tell him outright to stop using it with you.
If you can’t do that then it’s not looking good for your relationship.
My brother has called every woman in his life duck for decades. Including me and our mum.
Nobody has ever had a problem.
My bf calls me in a very specific manner, he uses an original pet name to call me since we both met.

Few days ago he created a Spotify playlist for me with the title of this name with some romantic songs in it and sent it to me but then I entered his public profile.

I felt terrible when I discovered that he had created a playlist for his ex too with other songs but with the same name he uses to call me. (It was created when they were still together)

For some reason, I thought I was the only one he had called like that. It’s not even a romantic nickname but I made it mine in my head and now I feel bad. It may sound stupid but now I reject a bit being called like that.

I can understand we reuse romantic names like “love, honey, darling” etc but not this one. What can I do? How would you feel?

I would be upset, but talk to him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending