Lau2en _
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I was wondering whether anyone had any laptop recommendations for uni, I was thinking either hp, asus of chromebook but I’m not too sure l, I’m studying biochem with human bio
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lau2en _)
I was wondering whether anyone had any laptop recommendations for uni, I was thinking either hp, asus of chromebook but I’m not too sure l, I’m studying biochem with human bio
Hi!

I use a Microsoft surface and it works for me as I can use all the apps that are required from my course (criminology with criminal justice) and its touch so its easier to use when i'm trying to read something online.
I would recommend asking your uni course leader about what you will be using on your laptop for your subject and they may recommend laptops to get that they themselves use.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Lau2en _
Rep:
?
Thank you!! xx
username2124911
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
AMD Ryzen 4000 series ultrabooks/2 in 1s are great.
8 cores of power, great value and great battery life
Hol2509
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I use an Asus Chromebook, mostly because I hate windows 10! For me it is perfect as I already use google drive, docs etc and Chromebooks have fantastic battery life, mine lasts a good 10 hours meaning I don't have to worry about finding a plug socket in lectures! If you need any special software for your course then I wouldn't recommend one but if its just for notes, research and essays like me then they're fab. Had mine for 2 years and it's still running like new!
username2124911
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hol2509)
I use an Asus Chromebook, mostly because I hate windows 10! For me it is perfect as I already use google drive, docs etc and Chromebooks have fantastic battery life, mine lasts a good 10 hours meaning I don't have to worry about finding a plug socket in lectures! If you need any special software for your course then I wouldn't recommend one but if its just for notes, research and essays like me then they're fab. Had mine for 2 years and it's still running like new!
Have to agree with you here. Chromebooks are perfect for anyone not doing a STEM course
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
Asus Vivobooks are good, problem with chrome books is that not all programs can be downloaded/work with its system.
username2124911
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Asus Vivobooks are good, problem with chrome books is that not all programs can be downloaded/work with its system.
Lenovos are my fav, built like tanks, great keyboards and excellent customer service
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
don’t get lenovo - i’ve heard so many uni friends laptops breaking. HP and acer are the best in my opinion
Lau2en _
Rep:
?
Thank youuu, I am doing a stem course so should I not get an chromebook? I have an iPad and I’m wondering should I just use that and buy a keyboard??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (176)
58.67%
I don't have everything I need (124)
41.33%

Watched Threads