19/8 update: BTEC grades pulled & to follow same grading principle as GCSE & A-level

Watch
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nathan_nacu)
Thanks for the tag !
Are you waiting on results?
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Absolutely, let's see what the next few days bring. Thank you for your kind words - if there's any other info you need, by all means let us know and we'll try to find out for you
Thank you for that! I have a question, if you don't mind me asking. Students who have been retaking their maths gcse in college, and have had low grades in the two years (mostly 2's) would there be a high chance that they don't get the pass tomorrow as the final grade will be decided on your previous maths grades? I've had someone ask me a question about that but I wasn't sure how to answer it.
A-Yellow-Spring
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So this means we'll receive our results on the 20th? '~'
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So this means we'll receive them on the 20th yes? '~'
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by A-Yellow-Spring)
So this means we'll receive them on the 20th yes? '~'
Hey

What exactly are you waiting on receiving ?
Humairazaman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kingpin x)
100%. In all honesty it's sad to see because some students didn't even get their grades back last week. I highly doubt they would have remembered about the BTEC grades this week if there hadn't been outrage over the lack of public media coverage over them. It is what it is. Also this thread, and the other threads alike have been useful, so thank you once again!
is that esra bilgic in your profile?
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hey

What exactly are you waiting on receiving ?
My LVL 3 BTEC results
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
My LVL 3 BTEC results
It sounds like there may be a delay to getting these results. Although you may be able to call up your school and college and they would be able to tell you what you received tomorrow?
kingpin x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Humairazaman)
is that esra bilgic in your profile?
Yes, it is.
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like there may be a delay to getting these results. Although you may be able to call up your school and college and they would be able to tell you what you received tomorrow?
I see, so chances are I will not get them on the 20th?
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
I see, so chances are I will not get them on the 20th?
How comes you did not receive them last week, was this because of a delay?
S1M001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

Pearson has just announced a change at 6pm today stating:

"Following @ofqual’s announcement A Level and GCSE students are to receive centre assessed grades, we will now be applying the same principles for students receiving BTECs this summer. This means we will be regrading all #BTECs"

Basically this means that your BTECs will now simply be the centre assessed grades given to the exam board by your teachers.

This has a few knock on implications that everyone should be aware of:
  • Students who received their BTEC national results last week may no longer be correct. It's important to note that similarly to A-level and GCSE your grades will not be lowered.

• It is likely that any student waiting for their BTEC results tomorrow for Level 1 or Level 2 will face a delay in recieving these results. We are unsure yet if schools will be able to tell you your grade tomorrow or not.

How are you all feeling about this news?

I know a last second change just adds more confusion and disruption for you all, but are you happy with the new way your grades will be decided?

As always we are here to support you if you have any issues, questions or concerns.

Full statement from Pearson here...
Thank you for this 😄😄 my CAG is higher than my actual grade.
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for that! I have a question, if you don't mind me asking. Students who have been retaking their maths gcse in college, and have had low grades in the two years (mostly 2's) would there be a high chance that they don't get the pass tomorrow as the final grade will be decided on your previous maths grades? I've had someone ask me a question about that but I wasn't sure how to answer it.
Have the students got evidence of achieving a pass in their two years of study or do you know what their predicted grades were?
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When will we find out our new results?
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jones448)
When will we find out our new results?
That depends, officially Pearson haven't stated when they expect to publish the new set of results, but they have said as soon as they possibly can.

However, if they are to simply use the teacher given grades then there is a chance you could speak to the school, and they would be able to unofficially tell you? Not sure how likely that is to work but it might be possible!
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How comes you did not receive them last week, was this because of a delay?
I don't know, they told us that we would receive them on the 13th, yet we didn't get it. Why are you more confused than me?
kingpin x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Have the students got evidence of achieving a pass in their two years of study or do you know what their predicted grades were?
No evidence of a pass, previous grade was a D and they are predicted 4's.
rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
Oh, that's nice. Hopefully the students will get their grades that they wanted and spread all that good energy when they go to university to help the students that have done A-Levels and mixed in with their practical skill sets.
Humairazaman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, it is.
Ayyy dirilis ertugrul fan, huh?
Yoozed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

Pearson has just announced a change at 6pm today stating:

"Following @ofqual’s announcement A Level and GCSE students are to receive centre assessed grades, we will now be applying the same principles for students receiving BTECs this summer. This means we will be regrading all #BTECs"

Basically this means that your BTECs will now simply be the centre assessed grades given to the exam board by your teachers.

This has a few knock on implications that everyone should be aware of:
  • Students who received their BTEC national results last week may no longer be correct. It's important to note that similarly to A-level and GCSE your grades will not be lowered.

• It is likely that any student waiting for their BTEC results tomorrow for Level 1 or Level 2 will face a delay in recieving these results. We are unsure yet if schools will be able to tell you your grade tomorrow or not.

How are you all feeling about this news?

I know a last second change just adds more confusion and disruption for you all, but are you happy with the new way your grades will be decided?

As always we are here to support you if you have any issues, questions or concerns.

Full statement from Pearson here...
I got my Level 3 Year 2 Results yesterday. And im more than happy with them. Will this impact me??

(Currently sat in the services of the M1 with a coffee, pls hurry😂)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.72%
No (191)
78.28%

Watched Threads