19/8 update: BTEC grades pulled & to follow same grading principle as GCSE & A-level

Watch
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gcx)
I don't follow lol, grades will definitely not go down.

Grades will go up overall but a decent number of individual grades will stay the same as they did with alevels and such.
Its just the way certain people speak even if they know things to be true, they cover their backs.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Its just the way certain people speak even if they know things to be true, they cover their backs.
Feel like I've lost the plot, none of these posts make sense to me. Will return to them in the morning
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't remember posting in the BTEC forum recently but this is very handy info tbh so I'm acc grateful for the tag

This whole situaation is a total shambles and we've had long enough to prepare for it. Ofqual needs to shake it's head in shame.
willbailey123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When are BTEC National Level 3's released?
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by willbailey123)
When are BTEC National Level 3's released?
There's no official date as of yet but we'll update everyone if they confirm anything
Armaan247
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hi everyone,

Pearson has just announced a change at 6pm today stating:

"Following @ofqual’s announcement A Level and GCSE students are to receive centre assessed grades, we will now be applying the same principles for students receiving BTECs this summer. This means we will be regrading all #BTECs"

Basically this means that your BTECs will now simply be the centre assessed grades given to the exam board by your teachers.

This has a few knock on implications that everyone should be aware of:
  • Students who received their BTEC national results last week may no longer be correct. It's important to note that similarly to A-level and GCSE your grades will not be lowered.

• It is likely that any student waiting for their BTEC results tomorrow for Level 1 or Level 2 will face a delay in recieving these results. We are unsure yet if schools will be able to tell you your grade tomorrow or not.

How are you all feeling about this news?

I know a last second change just adds more confusion and disruption for you all, but are you happy with the new way your grades will be decided?

As always we are here to support you if you have any issues, questions or concerns.

Full statement from Pearson here...
I'm quite disappointed and frusturated to be honest due to the delay of the BTEC level 2 results. I am so eager to get my results ASAP. Do you know when the results for OCR Cambridge Technicals for level 2 is coming???
Armaan247
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hi everyone,

Pearson has just announced a change at 6pm today stating:

"Following @ofqual’s announcement A Level and GCSE students are to receive centre assessed grades, we will now be applying the same principles for students receiving BTECs this summer. This means we will be regrading all #BTECs"

Basically this means that your BTECs will now simply be the centre assessed grades given to the exam board by your teachers.

This has a few knock on implications that everyone should be aware of:
  • Students who received their BTEC national results last week may no longer be correct. It's important to note that similarly to A-level and GCSE your grades will not be lowered.

• It is likely that any student waiting for their BTEC results tomorrow for Level 1 or Level 2 will face a delay in recieving these results. We are unsure yet if schools will be able to tell you your grade tomorrow or not.

How are you all feeling about this news?

I know a last second change just adds more confusion and disruption for you all, but are you happy with the new way your grades will be decided?

As always we are here to support you if you have any issues, questions or concerns.

Full statement from Pearson here...
I pray I get my OCR Cambridge Technicals for level 2 soon. Very upset and frusturated at the same time.
Kittenlover123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does this apply to second year or first year or both
S1M001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello. I received my grades today and it was the same. My CAG is D*D*D which is what I was expecting but today my teacher emailed me my results and it’s the same, which was D*DD. I asked her why and she said there was a different process.

Is this true? This is really disappointing I feel like I deserve D*D*D and now I might have to retake external units in order to get that.

Also I was only 2 ums points of D*D*D when I compared it to my friends UMS points so it hurts even more
LeMetalhead
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So, my grades were boosted, I heard today that I am set to get D*D*D* (I got D*DD on results day), I don't know that's possible because I didn't get any Distinctions on the exams (Business), but I'm not exactly complaining Happy days
S1M001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LeMetalhead)
So, my grades were boosted, I heard today that I am set to get D*D*D* (I got D*DD on results day), I don't know that's possible because I didn't get any Distinctions on the exams (Business), but I'm not exactly complaining Happy days
You’re lucky. A lot of other people in my yr got boosted but I didn’t for some reason. Sucks for me
Lshort17
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mine stayed the same
S1M001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lshort17)
Mine stayed the same
Was your CAG higher?
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by S1M001)
Was your CAG higher?
To clarify - the grade you have now received is at least your CAG. There's always the tiny chance of an error but in your case it's most likely that your teacher gave D*DD to the exam board.
S1M001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
To clarify - the grade you have now received is at least your CAG. There's always the tiny chance of an error but in your case it's most likely that your teacher gave D*DD to the exam board.
My CAG is D*D*D grade received yesterday is the same, D*DD. I asked why and she said that BTECs follow a different procedure.

Is this true because I was really disappointed with the outcome? Thanks.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My CAG is D*D*D grade received yesterday is the same, D*DD. I asked why and she said that BTECs follow a different procedure.

Is this true because I was really disappointed with the outcome? Thanks.
No I'm sure all pending units are now at least the teacher estimate, no mention of anything different happening. Though pinging Evil Homer to double check in case I've missed something.
S1M001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
No I'm sure all pending units are now at least the teacher estimate, no mention of anything different happening. Though pinging Evil Homer to double check in case I've missed something.
Appreciate the help!!! Thank you
Lshort17
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Was your CAG higher?
No idea, never got told it
CrystalRose17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So when I first got my results on 13th august I got a M i was doubting that something is wrong in one unit as I got all Disticrions in 3 assignments and one assignment I did not knew what the grade was .I emailed the teacher and she said that yeah my that assignment was not marked and I can appeal .I submitted an appeal on 21st of August I got my results again today regarding that uturn government had announced and they are still the same as the first time .So I am confused have the processed my appeal and issued this result or not ??
Can anyone help me plz.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
It seems to me if they are applying the same principles then the people at ofqual have sold btec students short and they have been disadvantaged.
The difference would be in the nature of the exams and BTEC being mostly coursework.
In terms of actually completing the qualification the BTEC students have done more for what should be classed as the more challenging qualification. What a big mess from a stupid government.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.46%
No (194)
78.54%

Watched Threads