paddyrb26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey all, I'm new to this forum so apologies for any mistakes i may have made and please point them out.
I applied for SAAS a few weeks ago before the deadline in fear that I would miss out on funding, I should've asked my parents for advice though I decided to apply myseld. I've got my tuition fees and my student loan sorted. One small issue, I didn't apply for DSA (According to my folks I'm eligible because I have asbergers) and now I'm not sure how to ammend my application. Should I call SAAS? Also I'm not sure if there's extra funding for accomadation.

Sorry for the longwinded paragraph, hopefully someone can help.
Horsesarethebest
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You usually apply to DSA through your university and you have until March next year or something like that to apply for this academic year.
paddyrb26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Horsesarethebest)
You usually apply to DSA through your university and you have until March next year or something like that to apply for this academic year.
Thanks for your reply, I thought that however under the SAAS application you can apply for DSA through them. Does it make any difference?
Horsesarethebest
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t think so , if you apply through SAAS you can have a needs assessment at a local centre rather than the uni is the only difference I can think off. You still end up at the same point.
paddyrb26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Horsesarethebest)
Don’t think so , if you apply through SAAS you can have a needs assessment at a local centre rather than the uni is the only difference I can think off. You still end up at the same point.
Okay, thanks for the information. I guess either way I won't have DSA for the start of my course.
Horsesarethebest
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You might if you speak to the uni, even if you don’t have anything else they can arrange stuff for class and assessments as these are all organised by the uni without SAAS being involved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (314)
83.96%
No (60)
16.04%

Watched Threads