Helping a beginner start to workout

Watch
PawelHernandez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’ve never worked out before. Im 5ft 11 and weigh about 50kg (I’m a guy). I want to bulk up and become fairly muscular across my whole body, but I have no idea how to start. I’ve been researching on the internet but every website says different and none of them really tell me what to do, everything online is vague. I have no idea what workouts I should be doing, what foods to eat or what the whole calorie burning thing is.

Can someone please give me some simple instructions on what to do? I don’t currently have access to a gym but will do in a month or so when I start university. If someone could just throw a beginners guide at me that would be great. Any tips and advice would be appreciated, because none of this makes sense to me, but I really want to get stronger. Thanks for reading this and please share some tips if you know any
MAD103
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eat in a small calorie suplus around 200 calories more than what you usually intake, eat around 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight every day, in terms of working out to maximise muscle growth you want to focus on compound exercises, such as deadlifts, bench press pull ups are good, don’t forget bicep and hammer curls are great for arms!
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How many days can you go to gym when uni starts?
david1207
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A beginner should start with doing less exercise by maintaining the consistency. When they get used to it then try pushing your limits. Doing this will definitely help any beginner achieve goals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
23.4%
No (72)
76.6%

Watched Threads