History Coursework

Watch
Bean_B
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I'm currently struggling with finding Historians, and sources connected to said Historians, with opposing views regarding Hitler's rise to power. For my History Coursework, under Eduqas, the question I am answering is as follows "Historians have disagreed about the weaknesses of the Weimar Republic and its*influence upon Hitler’s rise to power in the early 1930s. What is your view about*the issue?"
I have found 13 different Historian interpretations so far, yet none of them seem to differ, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bean_B)
Hello, I'm currently struggling with finding Historians, and sources connected to said Historians, with opposing views regarding Hitler's rise to power. For my History Coursework, under Eduqas, the question I am answering is as follows "Historians have disagreed about the weaknesses of the Weimar Republic and its*influence upon Hitler’s rise to power in the early 1930s. What is your view about*the issue?"
I have found 13 different Historian interpretations so far, yet none of them seem to differ, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
What is the consensus view?
Bean_B
Rep:
Many just focus on multiple factors rather than one specific one, eg: Hitler’s Personality, Weimar Weakness, Treaty of Versailles, The Great Depression, ext
(Original post by ageshallnot)
What is the consensus view?
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Many just focus on multiple factors rather than one specific one, eg: Hitler’s Personality, Weimar Weakness, Treaty of Versailles, The Great Depression, ext
Well, is the Great Depression a weakness of Weimar? Ditto Hitler's personality? What were Weimar's weaknesses? Which ones were most influential on Hitler's rise to power? Which historians emphasise a particular factor/s over others?
Bean_B
Rep:
Well, is the Great Depression a weakness of Weimar? Ditto Hitler's personality? What were Weimar's weaknesses? Which ones were most influential on Hitler's rise to power? Which historians emphasise a particular factor/s over others?
Well regarding the Great Depression I'd say no, as well as Hitler's personality - although such could have been influenced by Weimar weaknesses. The problem is, most historians mention all of the points without a singular prevalent view, so even though there is an argument between these points, there's no contrasting argument between interpretations.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Well regarding the Great Depression I'd say no, as well as Hitler's personality - although such could have been influenced by Weimar weaknesses. The problem is, most historians mention all of the points without a singular prevalent view, so even though there is an argument between these points, there's no contrasting argument between interpretations.
You therefore have a more subtle argument than a simple "Was A the most important factor in XXX". It appears to be a matter of giving more weight to some elements over others.
Bean_B
Rep:
You therefore have a more subtle argument than a simple "Was A the most important factor in XXX". It appears to be a matter of giving more weight to some elements over others.
Thank you for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads