nemowentswimming
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aisharaindrop)
I emailed my teacher asking me why he gave me D for my CAG when I got an A for my mocks and was getting A and B's in his classroom and I got a reply 'we aren't allowed to discuss this matter, hope you understand' like wtf lol so now even though threes a U-turn it doesn't benefit me at all. This is stupid.
Hey, if you feel like you were biased against, tell your exam board and they will sort it out. This happened to me and I called Ofqual and asked them about it, this is the advice they have given me. Hope it helps and good luck!
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nemowentswimming)
Hey, if you feel like you were biased against, tell your exam board and they will sort it out. This happened to me and I called Ofqual and asked them about it, this is the advice they have given me. Hope it helps and good luck!
And how will the exam board handle it, out of curiosity? Is it going to be an individual appeals process, will it cost etc?
I'm in the same position and I have no idea what to do. I did get my firm but i'm 1 grade off from what I feel I deserve.
Max4722
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CraigBband)
You should be able to appeal this under the condition that you don't believe you've been treated fairly by you institution. They'll investigate it and look at things like your mock grades. If they are A's and B's as you say, i wouldn't imagine that it would be too hard to get a fair grade in the end.

When I got my centre assessed grades, the back read

GUIDELINES FOR AN APPEAL AGAINST A CENTRE ASSESSED GRADE

1. A student can only appeal this grade/rank order on the grounds of discrimination/bias by the school. In the first instance this should be done in writing to the Principal of the school by Thursday 3rd September 2020. The appeal can only be made against the process and not the mark submitted.
2. The Principal will arrange a review to be conducted; the outcome of which will result in either:
a. no irregularity in the procedure of awarding Centre Assessed Grades and rank orders. In this case the student will be informed. The students will have an opportunity to request a review of the school’s decision not to inform the exam board.
b. irregularity in the procedure of awarding Centre Assessed Grades and rank orders. In this case the exam board will be informed immediately. The exam board could then take a decision to investigate the evidence as malpractice by the school.
3. This outcome will be communicated to the student within 14 days.
4. In exceptional circumstances, the student can appeal to the exam board directly if there is evidence of bias or discrimination.

These were the guidelines on results day, but I don't think that they're outdated. Definitely worth a try.

Hope that helped.
Can I just ask where the deadline is 3rd of September? I thought was 17 September?
UMZY42
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I achieved a CAG of D in one of my subjects. In my recent mock, under strict exam conditions I had achieved a B, three marks away from an A. The only understanding as to why I achieved a D was due to my AS grade which was extremely low (E). However I had worked extremely hard this year to rectify this grade and I was doing well. Students who achieved a D in AS were given Bs as they had gotten a B in their mock. Others who had achieved a D/E in AS and had achieved a D/E in mocks were given the same grade me. How is this fair?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (87)
21.48%
No (318)
78.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed