mihaiii9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello guys!

I need your help. Basically, my story sounds like this: I need to repeat my first year for the second time (I failed the first year of my course, then I had to repeat it but I did not attended my course for the whole year meaning I would have to repeat it again) so here I am now. I accessed student finance, but I don't really now how that works now in my case and I think the best solution for me is to drop out Uni because I did not like the course anyways, and it was not for me. The thing is, I wanna start something new, to have a career. I have few things in mind, but I do not know how to work them as I need a degree. I would start studying again, but as I know I cannot get student finance again.

Can you guys help me with advice and maybe some opinion of my situation?

I am really desperate now and feel like I failed my life... as I regret not attending the course now.
UELStudentRep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi there! I'm so sorry about what you're going through. I think it's best to do some research on what you want to do career-wise and then have some time to think about it so that you are confident in your decision. Then depending on what you want to do whether that is going back to university, maybe an apprenticeship you can sort out the finances. Good luck!
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by mihaiii9)
Hello guys!

I need your help. Basically, my story sounds like this: I need to repeat my first year for the second time (I failed the first year of my course, then I had to repeat it but I did not attended my course for the whole year meaning I would have to repeat it again) so here I am now. I accessed student finance, but I don't really now how that works now in my case and I think the best solution for me is to drop out Uni because I did not like the course anyways, and it was not for me. The thing is, I wanna start something new, to have a career. I have few things in mind, but I do not know how to work them as I need a degree. I would start studying again, but as I know I cannot get student finance again.

Can you guys help me with advice and maybe some opinion of my situation?

I am really desperate now and feel like I failed my life... as I regret not attending the course now.
In terms of student finance I found myself in a similar situation. Although this is information from 2013 and things may have changed since then!

I started another degree after failing my first year and then resitting (but I did pass) I decided id lost all love/enthusiasm for the course. Student finance said to me that I would have to self fund my first year of tuition fees on my next degree but I would be entitled to maintenance loan for the first year, then the following years I would be able to access full funding.

As I've said things may have changed since then! I think it is worth phoning student finance once you have figured out which career path you want to pursue.

I am planning to start another degree next September that will lead me to become an allied healthcare professional within the NHS. NHS related and some STEM based degrees hold exemptions to the usual student finance rules, e.g you can study to become and allied healthcare professional and receive full funding for full time studies plus the new NHS grant. Some STEM based degrees attract funding for part time study if you have previously studied.

Once again just do your research and be sure you are entering into a career you will enjoy! As this is what is most important.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed