FormerFruit
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Next year, I have three law modules lined up as well as some clinical legal writing that I don't completely understand. The modules are Property, Criminal and Tort. How much of a difficult year am I in for? How difficult are these subjects? Do they require any specific mechanisms, a certain way to apply to them, etc? I'm looking forward to Criminal, sounds interesting enough. Is Tort boring? What about Property? The latter sounds like it's very specific and requires a specific approach.
FormerFruit
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm one year down, but I hated EU law. Ironically I was looking forward to it but I didn't find it interesting at all. It should have been easier for me to understand as in the first semester, I studied Constitutional Law of Ireland, and EU law had the same overall functioning of it and worked the same way. Yet I struggled with EU law big time. Three years left. Equity law sounds tough enough and everything related, Property and Land. What in your experience was the hardest topic and why?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
Dofficulty depends on the individual, some people prefer or are better at some modules than others.

I would giess they are all roughly similar, but popularity wise id think Criminal, Tort and then Property. People differ though.
RV3112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by FormerFruit)
Next year, I have three law modules lined up as well as some clinical legal writing that I don't completely understand. The modules are Property, Criminal and Tort. How much of a difficult year am I in for? How difficult are these subjects? Do they require any specific mechanisms, a certain way to apply to them, etc? I'm looking forward to Criminal, sounds interesting enough. Is Tort boring? What about Property? The latter sounds like it's very specific and requires a specific approach.
(Original post by FormerFruit)
I'm one year down, but I hated EU law. Ironically I was looking forward to it but I didn't find it interesting at all. It should have been easier for me to understand as in the first semester, I studied Constitutional Law of Ireland, and EU law had the same overall functioning of it and worked the same way. Yet I struggled with EU law big time. Three years left. Equity law sounds tough enough and everything related, Property and Land. What in your experience was the hardest topic and why?
Students commonly find EU law more difficult than other subjects. It's rather dry and the case names are harder to memorise. It's harder to study a module when you don't find it compelling.

Criminal, Tort and Property are all around the same difficulty wise, with the latter probably being the slightly more difficult of the three. I found Property very enjoyable, but we had a terrific lecturer. Others at different universities found it more dull.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise