hana.zq
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
With the great shambles of the A-Level results this year, I got lowered by 2 grades from my original Centre Assessed Grades of ABB, so I ended up receiving BBC. As a result, I got rejected from my firm choice for Psychology.

Now as CAGs have been given to every student, I have tried calling my firm choice university to apply back into 2020 study, however they said they are only accepting those with AAB. This has been distressing, as universities were told to be flexible with the grades of those who have originally applied - I am only one grade short. I have tried reasoning by saying that people will have left clearing spaces to go to their original university choices, but they will not budge.

Thankfully, I have been accepted by my insurance university, which I'm very glad about, but I'm still quite determined to try to get back into my firm choice university. My firm choice uni have offered me a deferred place, but this makes things difficult for the year below and I am pretty sure I want to start studying in 2020. Is it possible to go to my insurance choice university for a year, and then move to my firm choice university in 2nd year?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hana.zq)
With the great shambles of the A-Level results this year, I got lowered by 2 grades from my original Centre Assessed Grades of ABB, so I ended up receiving BBC. As a result, I got rejected from my firm choice for Psychology.

Now as CAGs have been given to every student, I have tried calling my firm choice university to apply back into 2020 study, however they said they are only accepting those with AAB. This has been distressing, as universities were told to be flexible with the grades of those who have originally applied - I am only one grade short. I have tried reasoning by saying that people will have left clearing spaces to go to their original university choices, but they will not budge.

Thankfully, I have been accepted by my insurance university, which I'm very glad about, but I'm still quite determined to try to get back into my firm choice university. My firm choice uni have offered me a deferred place, but this makes things difficult for the year below and I am pretty sure I want to start studying in 2020. Is it possible to go to my insurance choice university for a year, and then move to my firm choice university in 2nd year?
transfers can be possible but they're tricky so I wouldn't rely on it.
MGrogan
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Which Uni?
So have your first choice now promised you a deferred place with your ABB CAG (even though your offer was AAB)? If so that is good going to get them to agree to do that, as I assumed that they were now going to be really strict, because of too many people now meeting the offer by using their CAGS.
hana.zq
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by MGrogan)
Which Uni?
So have your first choice now promised you a deferred place with your ABB CAG (even though your offer was AAB)? If so that is good going to get them to agree to do that, as I assumed that they were now going to be really strict, because of too many people now meeting the offer by using their CAGS.
Loughborough Uni was my firm, and UEA is my insurance. The thing is, I'm hellbent on starting university this year, because my home environment isn't the best, haha. So starting in 2021 isn't a choice for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
13.75%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (43)
26.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (67)
41.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.13%

Watched Threads