The Student Room Group

Work experience

Does anyone know what universities are doing about work experience as I had some sorted out for last week but wasn’t able to go as the dentist said he can’t due to COVID. Would be grateful for any info.
Reply 1
I literally called every dentist near me even in London where I live and no one is taking students for shadowing however there are this weekend online work experience course that premed projects is doing on the 19-20th of September but its a paid experience. Its jam-packed with visiting 6 different hospitals and covering dentistry as well. PS you also get a certificate at the end of it.
Original post by Tauhid2
Does anyone know what universities are doing about work experience as I had some sorted out for last week but wasn’t able to go as the dentist said he can’t due to COVID. Would be grateful for any info.

Everyone else is in the same situation as you. Universities will understand that it’s difficult to get work experience this year so they won’t look into it and it won’t affect your application in a negative way. But make sure you do some extra reading, you could join a dentistry online course (there’s one called future learn discover dentistry) so that you have something to put in your personal statement
Reply 3
@Chuba what’s the course called ? Thanks for the help.
Reply 4
@DentScientist thanks for the help.
Reply 5
Original post by Tauhid2
@Chuba what’s the course called ? Thanks for the help.

Its the Ultimate Work Experience Weekend- https://www.premedprojects.co.uk/ultimate-work-experience-weekend-19-20-september

Quick Reply

Latest