The Student Room Group

Do you still get a certificate if you failed your BTEC??

It's been a week since the official results day and I still haven't received my BTEC grades so I am starting to get worried. Could the reason be because I have failed my course??

Do BTEC students wo failed the course get a certificate which says they failed (like A-level and GCSE students who fail) or do the just not get a certificate at all??

UPDATE: We just received a something in a big brown envelope in the post and I thought I finally got my BTEC result. Turned out to be my GCSE Spanish certificate from 2018 🤯. If that doesn’t prove ofqual has officially lost the plot then idk what does 😤
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by curly123x
It's been a week since the official results day and I still haven't received my BTEC grades so I am starting to get worried. Could the reason be because I have failed my course??

Do BTEC students wo failed the course get a certificate which says they failed (like A-level and GCSE students who fail) or do the just not get a certificate at all??

Pearson made changes to the way they were graded last night so even if you did initially fail, things might have changed.

I don't think not having your grades means you've failed, since Pearson have acknowledged that some candidates still don't have their grades yet.
You get the official BTEC certificate January 2021.
Reply 3
Original post by ry7xsfa
Pearson made changes to the way they were graded last night so even if you did initially fail, things might have changed.

I don't think not having your grades means you've failed, since Pearson have acknowledged that some candidates still don't have their grades yet.

Ahh ok. It’ll probably be ages till I get my final grades then (since they’re changing the calculated grades as well now), but I have an unconditional offer so it’s all good as long as I haven’t failed!
Reply 4
Original post by kingpin x
You get the official BTEC certificate January 2021.

Sorry what do you mean by that? That if someone were to fail they would just not get a certificate in August and they’d have to go back and re do the units they failed in the autumn term, and then receive their certificate in January if the passed those units?

Or did I misunderstand lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by curly123x
Sorry what do you mean by that? That if someone were to fail they would just not get a certificate in August and they’d have to go back and re do the units they failed in the autumn term, and then receive their certificate in January if the passed those units?

Or did I misunderstand lol

Apologies I didn't really make that clear enough😂, I'm not sure what will happen to those who failed. If you pass then you'll get the certificate. What grade did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
Original post by kingpin x
Apologies I didn't really make that clear enough😂, I'm not sure what will happen to those who failed. If you pass then you'll get the certificate. What grade did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Idk what I got lol that’s why I’m worried 🙃🙃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending