KarateKidK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m going into year 11 this year and I would like to know when the best time to start revising would be
When you revised how did you make a time table as I don’t know where to start with it
The subject I’m taking are
English lit
English language
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
History
ICT
Health and social
BTEC sport
How did you put them in a time table how many subject is best to study in a day and how long is best to revise
What revision techniques did you use when revising
Thanks for the help
westenra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello!
Personally, I would advise you to start revising as soon as possible especially by making your own resources and flashcards etc... As I found year 11 in itself to be quite revision based.
Then there is timetabling your day, don't be too strict to begin with and make it manageable. I found that Adapt App really helped as it let me block out time that I needed for other things and, if I had a change of plans would reschedule the module for me.
When it comes down to resources, I found past papers really helpful even in they were the older ones as the questions cover similar knowledge and layouts.
I hope this has helped somewhat,
I wish you all the best for the coming year.
xx_annax
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by KarateKidK)
I’m going into year 11 this year and I would like to know when the best time to start revising would be
When you revised how did you make a time table as I don’t know where to start with it
English lit
English language
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
History
ICT
Health and social
BTEC sport
How did you put them in a time table how many subject is best to study in a day and how long is best to revise
Thanks for the help
Hey, we are in the same position and I have started revising work from last year as we haven't started school, but I think you should start revising now so that everything doesn't build up... some of our subjects are similar so maybe we could revise together?
Gerrard88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
English lit
English language
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
History
ICT
Health and social
BTEC sport
Thanks for the help
I did 2 subjects a day, 1 hour per subject. Make sure the subjects are different so you don’t get muddled up. For example don’t do English Lit and English Language on the same day.
KarateKidK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by xx_annax)
Hey, we are in the same position and I have started revising work from last year as we haven't started school, but I think you should start revising now so that everything doesn't build up... some of our subjects are similar so maybe we could revise together?
Hey yeah that’s a good idea I have already just got started on a bit of my revision already which is really helping me as I’m starting to memorise all the work again what subjects have you chosen
KarateKidK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gerrard88)
I did 2 subjects a day, 1 hour per subject. Make sure the subjects are different so you don’t get muddled up. For example don’t do English Lit and English Language on the same day.
Thank you for the advice this will help me out a lot
KarateKidK
Rep:
?
(Original post by westenra)
Hello!
Personally, I would advise you to start revising as soon as possible especially by making your own resources and flashcards etc... As I found year 11 in itself to be quite revision based.
Then there is timetabling your day, don't be too strict to begin with and make it manageable. I found that Adapt App really helped as it let me block out time that I needed for other things and, if I had a change of plans would reschedule the module for me.
When it comes down to resources, I found past papers really helpful even in they were the older ones as the questions cover similar knowledge and layouts.
I hope this has helped somewhat,
I wish you all the best for the coming year.
I will definitely be downloading adapt to help me with my revision time table and I will be doing past papers as well thank you for the advice I will definitely be doing this
Megaman101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I started around feb and done 2 hrs, one he subject for each and 3 hrs on a weekend and I weighted it towards sci, maths and English and whatever I was weakest at and I got 888877774
KarateKidK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Megaman101)
I started around feb and done 2 hrs, one he subject for each and 3 hrs on a weekend and I weighted it towards sci, maths and English and whatever I was weakest at and I got 888877774
Well done on your results and I’m thinking of spending a couple hours on each subject Thank you for the advice
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
English lit
English language
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
History
ICT
Health and social
BTEC sport
Thanks for the help
A little bit along the way makes a huge difference. I made my revision timetable, so that it started in January, that way I can cover each topic without cramming them all close together and leave time for exam paper practice.
I used a range of mindmaps, flashcards and just writing everything I knew about a topic on my mirrror.
imconfusion
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
English lit
English language
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
History
ICT
Health and social
BTEC sport
Thanks for the help
i started at feb/march but ive been ontop of math/eng/sci throughout the whole of yr 11, id say around nov/dec. also i never used a revison timetable or made notes for one subject. im really not smart i just studied hard without doing the conventional techniques. really depends on your preferences. everyone around me did what the teachers suggested and what was expected for revison but i did my own thing. so dont stress out too much on whats expected from you with revison. im here now going to study mathematics at UCL this year.
strawberrymilk_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey I’m in year 12 going into year 13
This is very cliche but honestly start now. What I did was.

September to November= my hardest subjects

December to feb= my easiest subjects

March to may= weekly focus on topics I struggle on (any subjects) I mixed them all (weekly)

Extra time I just recapped
Always recap your work even if it was months ago and still revise for an exam the night before an exam.

PLEASE DONT LEAVE ANYTHING LAST MINUTE💖
Last edited by strawberrymilk_; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (837)
42.53%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads