FormerFruit
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm looking forward to Criminal Law. It sounds interesting but also very hard. A lot of technicality and precision. How hard did you find it?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by FormerFruit)
I'm looking forward to Criminal Law. It sounds interesting but also very hard. A lot of technicality and precision. How hard did you find it?
I believe most people love it due to the nature of the subject. Dont think its very hard.
RV3112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's not particularly any easier or difficult than any of the other core modules.

The syllabus is quite large and a more broader understanding of the content is needed for the exam than perhaps some other modules.

Student reaction to the module is usually mixed. A lot of what students expect from a Criminal Law module is actually covered in the Law of Evidence.
Benjamin2020
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's not difficult at all. It is broken down into smaller parts, i.e. starting off with establishing whether law prohibits something (say theft), then looking at whether the crime was actually committed (this is called actus reus) and whether it was intended to be carried out (mens rea). Because you could say 'I'm going to steal from Tesco', but you can't be arrested if you don't satisfy the actus reus (the act of theft), even if you satisfy the mens rea (the intention to do so).

Think of it as a list of rules for a game, and you'll do well. It is a very interesting subject.
kingyii1997
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say Criminal law is easy. However, there is a specific format to answer the Criminal law problem question.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I personally found criminal law to be one of the easiest modules I've done so far. It's very formulaic; if you follow the requirements needed under the statute or the common law and actually explain your reasoning with case evidence, it's difficult to go wrong imo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (231)
31.09%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (363)
48.86%

Watched Threads