The Student Room Group

GCSE results

Before I say anything, here are my results:

History: 5 (I think this wasn’t high enough)
Computer Science: 4
English Literature: 6
English Language: 6
French (Higher Tier): 6
Health and Social: Merit B (two marks off of an A! 😠)
Science: 4-4
Maths: 3 (Oof)

I hate asking these sorts of questions, especially online, but I don’t like asking my family as I get biased opinions, but am I stupid for getting these results? My friends get such amazing results all of the time and it makes me feel so incompetent.
Original post by Unknown200x
Before I say anything, here are my results:

History: 5 (I think this wasn’t high enough)
Computer Science: 4
English Literature: 6
English Language: 6
French (Higher Tier): 6
Health and Social: Merit B (two marks off of an A! 😠)
Science: 4-4
Maths: 3 (Oof)

I hate asking these sorts of questions, especially online, but I don’t like asking my family as I get biased opinions, but am I stupid for getting these results? My friends get such amazing results all of the time and it makes me feel so incompetent.

First of all your not stupid, and you have done pretty well :smile: the 6's are equivalent to a B so they are really good and 4 is also still a pass. And your history is a 5 which is also great. Maths, its a 3, but if your not happy with that one, or need higher for college entrance, you can always re take it.
Nooo of course not wth you did well regardless of the 3 in maths, don’t always feel that you have to compete with your friends... like today someone asked me what I got for results and I said I passed cause I did well especially in some subjects I didn’t feel to confident in and then they said all that matters is that I passed and I’m happy so don’t beat yourself about it you did well 🥳
(edited 3 years ago)
Don't compare yourself to others. Compare yourself from before and see if you progressed. I had thoughts like u with feeling incompetent when I compared myself with others and it made me feel spiteful of the ones who did well so I just stopped comparing myself and I just focused on myself and got better.

I don't want to add unwanted stress but you might have to resist maths if you want to go do science/maths at college/6thforms. Tbh you did kinda good, you passed most of your subjects
In my opinion - absolutely not. You're not dumb in the slightest. Getting strong passes in English, higher French and health and social - that's pretty cool! I'm sure there were people who didn't pass those. And maths is tough, you can indeed retake it.

(Also, grades don't fully detail your intelligence, especially if you've always been pressured by exams like me :wink:)) Although GCSE grades help, there's definitely more to life.)

Original post by ShobSmad
Don't compare yourself to others. Compare yourself from before and see if you progressed. I had thoughts like u with feeling incompetent when I compared myself with others and it made me feel spiteful of the ones who did well so I just stopped comparing myself and I just focused on myself and got better.

Exactly this. The only standards you should be concerned about are your own.

Quick Reply

Latest