nocontractsim
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I'm filling out all my stuff too. I've had to email clarification as i've been a fulltime carer for a family member the last decade so don't have any up to date employment references. Hope there is a way round this.
Flx1
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey all. Did anyone filling out the pre-employment checks notice that there was no end date option for each past role? I've emailed them to ask as I had a few gaps in-between and so it looks like I've been in some roles longer than I actually have! :/
trixytwix27
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Flx1)
Hey all. Did anyone filling out the pre-employment checks notice that there was no end date option for each past role? I've emailed them to ask as I had a few gaps in-between and so it looks like I've been in some roles longer than I actually have! :/
Hey yeah i did think that was very weird, surely gaps are fine after all they be prioritising ur references firstly right??
Flx1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by trixytwix27)
Hey yeah i did think that was very weird, surely gaps are fine after all they be prioritising ur references firstly right??
Yes hope so Assuming your position is also an apprentice position. Do you know if they're permanent roles? I'm really hoping so!
FreakyGerbil
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Flx1)
Yes hope so Assuming your position is also an apprentice position. Do you know if they're permanent roles? I'm really hoping so!
Yes, they are permanent! :-)
StellaBella05
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Flx1)
Hi! Yeah I thought that was strange as well but I just filled it in as they asked and thought, well they'll get back to me if they need more information!

Does anyone know how much travel there is likely to be in the role? From the advert, it seems to suggest there can be lots of travel or not much and there's not much else online from what I've read. Any help would be much appreciated!

trixytwix27
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by StellaBella05)
Hi! Yeah I thought that was strange as well but I just filled it in as they asked and thought, well they'll get back to me if they need more information!

Does anyone know how much travel there is likely to be in the role? From the advert, it seems to suggest there can be lots of travel or not much and there's not much else online from what I've read. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hey!! There was this old thread i read where the guy was deployed for as long as 6months!

Btw how are your pre employment checks going? Ive been told by my reference that she had been contacted already! Quite fast tbh! Now i only have 3 checks left the rest have been completed. Hbu? 😊
FreakyGerbil
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The amount of travel can be quite mixed, to be honest. I’ve been with Surge 5 years and I’ve travelled away probably for about 18 months of that. You come home on weekends, and all travel/expenses are paid for you.
Flx1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I can't wait! The comfort too of now knowing that if for any reason I fail the CS check I'll still stay with the department has taken away so much stress! (just stressing about poor credit history) I'm just waiting on one reference to be checked now, fingers crossed they give a start date soon as I'm really unhappy with my current job
StellaBella05
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey!! There was this old thread i read where the guy was deployed for as long as 6months!

Btw how are your pre employment checks going? Ive been told by my reference that she had been contacted already! Quite fast tbh! Now i only have 3 checks left the rest have been completed. Hbu? 😊
Hi there! Wow, 6 months is a long time! Hopefully we get an opportunity to work abroad.

That's good it's happening so quickly. Wonder when we'll start, I don't think mine's have been contacted yet so fingers crossed I'm all okay haha :-)
nocontractsim
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah mine hasn't started yet as far as I can see. I didn't complete the details till Thursday afternoon as was waiting on clarification on what to put for a certain question. I did get a phone call Thursday night from someone within SRRT asking me to make sure I completed the information ASAP. So it does appear they are trying to expedite the process.
trixytwix27
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by janew111)
I got a provisional offer for the Edinburgh office! Did anyone else get sent a weird email? My email included a document with all the names of the people who have been offered the position in Edinburgh.... And no formal 'offer letter' as such. I am quite confused.

Does anyone have any info on the potential start date + home working/office working situation for Edinburgh?
Congrats!!! Thats weird though having the names of all the people offered, but its 10 names that you've seen so far on the list i assume? Coz they only looking for 10 right?? Or are they still on the search for the remaining ones...

Anyways, When did you also get your offer??? Im so glad!!! we asked them for start dates but they just ignored us haha but i think personally its gonna be next year!
nocontractsim
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have a family member who works in Edinburgh HMRC office they work from home atm, however, he says people are working in the office so it's not totally shut.
bm123_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I had the same offer and there seems to be 13 names on the list with “selected for offer” next to their name!
Congrats!!! Thats weird though having the names of all the people offered, but its 10 names that you've seen so far on the list i assume? Coz they only looking for 10 right?? Or are they still on the search for the remaining ones...

Anyways, When did you also get your offer??? Im so glad!!! we asked them for start dates but they just ignored us haha but i think personally its gonna be next year!
nocontractsim
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
That's 3 of my checks done according to the application centre. Glad to see some change as was getting a bit worried!
Flx1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey everyone I'm now on the very last stage. All my references have been returned and accepted and I'm now just waiting for the CRB check. I think they'll want people to start ASAP with now only doing the full SC check once we're in the roles
nocontractsim
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Flx1)
Hey everyone I'm now on the very last stage. All my references have been returned and accepted and I'm now just waiting for the CRB check. I think they'll want people to start ASAP with now only doing the full SC check once we're in the roles
Nice congrats! How long ago did you hand the information over?
trixytwix27
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Flx1)
hey how long did it take for your reference check to complete?
Last edited by trixytwix27; 1 year ago
Flx1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hey how long did it take for your reference check to complete?
Pretty much within a few days! That's been the quickest part so far haha
janew111
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone have an email for recruitment in Edinburgh?

I'm wondering if we need to send in a disclosure check. I just received one after waiting a month for it, and wondered if I should send them it to speed up the process
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
8.97%
Okay (44)
30.34%
A bit lacking (51)
35.17%
Not good at all (37)
25.52%

Watched Threads