The Student Room Group

HMRC Surge and Rapid Response Team 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StellaBella05
Has anyone for Edinburgh heard more about the checks? I just checked my portal and it would appear I'm on the final two, pension and convictions so it looks like my references are all okay. Hopefully this means we might get a start date soon!

Heyyyy me tooo!!! 😄😄 im glad my refs are okay!
Mine are still not done (just checked) although the email just went out on Friday passed. So think i'm lagging a bit behind.

I know the emails have been answered though so hopefully not too far behind!
Reply 102
I now have my start date of 14/12 :smile:
Original post by Flx1

omg thats great congrats!!!! do tell us how you get on!!! :smile:
Original post by Flx1

Congrats!
Hey is anyone on here successful / applied for Brierley Hill?

I found out I was successful at interview on 6 November and sent in copies of my ID. Does anyone know what the next steps are and roughly how long they have taken you?

Thanks
Original post by trixytwix27
Heyyyy me tooo!!! 😄😄 im glad my refs are okay!

Just 2 left for me too! Pension and convictions.
Original post by Jess!!1

I found out I was successful at interview on 6 November and sent in copies of my ID. Does anyone know what the next steps are and roughly how long they have taken you?

Thanks

I'm in Edinburgh but my timeline was roughly this

29/10/2020 found out i was succesful at interview by email.
3/11/20202 provisional job offer through the civil service application centre.

Then accepted the job offer and filled in the forms that come with that acceptance. Still waiting on a couple of checks atm.
Original post by nocontractsim
Just 2 left for me too! Pension and convictions.

Thats great!!!! 😁😁 We might get started sooner than expected then??
Thats great!!!! 😁😁 We might get started sooner than expected then??

Fingers crossed!
Reply 110
Hi All

I've now moved my start date forward to the 7th of December with having to give less notice in my current job than I thought. Ah I'm super nervous to start! I love the idea of travelling around but until I get used to it I'm worried. I think because it's taken all these months for us to get to this stage and I finally have a date set its feels odd haha
That's me just received, through the post, my standard DBS check back. I think HMRC will get a copy anyway so I just need to keep mine for my own records.
Original post by nocontractsim
That's me just received, through the post, my standard DBS check back. I think HMRC will get a copy anyway so I just need to keep mine for my own records.

Wow thats early!! And has your portal updated too?
Wow thats early!! And has your portal updated too?

No update on the portal, just got the letter.
Original post by Flx1
Hi All

I've now moved my start date forward to the 7th of December with having to give less notice in my current job than I thought. Ah I'm super nervous to start! I love the idea of travelling around but until I get used to it I'm worried. I think because it's taken all these months for us to get to this stage and I finally have a date set its feels odd haha

Have you heard if you will be working from home or in the office?
Anyone heard anything else who has applied for Edinburgh?

I checked my portal again and I'm still on the last two checks, pensions and convictions, which I would have thought wouldn't take long at all. Really want to know when we'll start! Starting to think it'll be January at this rate :-)
Original post by StellaBella05
Anyone heard anything else who has applied for Edinburgh?

I checked my portal again and I'm still on the last two checks, pensions and convictions, which I would have thought wouldn't take long at all. Really want to know when we'll start! Starting to think it'll be January at this rate :-)

I'm in the same position, although I have 3 left as I spent some time abroad recently. Was hoping for a December start as I'm currently unemployed and wasting away by the day :rolleyes:
Reply 117
Original post by janew111
Have you heard if you will be working from home or in the office?

Hey I haven't as yet. I should be getting a call next week about my first day so I'll find out then and let you know :smile:
Original post by Jess!!1

Thanks

Hi Jess. I’ve been successful for Brierley Hill too! I practically sent all my ID straight away, did the verifile thing as soon as it came through and I’ve found out today that all my checks are complete and they will be in touch with a start date!
Just got an email stating pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed. Says they will be in contact "shortly" to agree start date or confirm what happens next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending