The Student Room Group

Question about Private candidate exams for a levels pls help im scared and sad

I needed a 9 in maths GCSE to be able to do further maths at a level but I have just received my results and I got an 8. I really want to do further maths and emailed my school and they said no anyway. Is it possible to sit the further maths a level exam privately/as a private candidate? Can someone help me with this?
Original post by patatasfritas007
I needed a 9 in maths GCSE to be able to do further maths at a level but I have just received my results and I got an 8. I really want to do further maths and emailed my school and they said no anyway. Is it possible to sit the further maths a level exam privately/as a private candidate? Can someone help me with this?

Yes it is.

There are various distance learning options online, which may be your best bet. I wouldn't try to do it completely independently.

You might also want to consider other sixth forms/colleges who may be more flexible on grades.
Thank you. Do you know how I go about applying as a private candidate for just further maths a level? I am currently in year 11 about to go into year 12 this September.
Can I still apply to other sixth forms/colleges though? I think it is too late.

Quick Reply

Latest