What should I do???

Watch this thread
HolaNeinoa
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my school’s sixth form, have not allowed me to do 3 a levels that I want to do but have offered me to do BTEC Business and A-Level Psychology. However, another sixth college have allowed me to do 3 a levels that I want. But the issue is I really want to go to my current school’s sixth form and the sixth form college that have allowed to me to do 3 a levels I don’t like the place too much. I’m very conflicted I have till tomorrow to accept the offers.
Keri00Summers
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HolaNeinoa)
So my school’s sixth form, have not allowed me to do 3 a levels that I want to do but have offered me to do BTEC Business and A-Level Psychology. However, another sixth college have allowed me to do 3 a levels that I want. But the issue is I really want to go to my current school’s sixth form and the sixth form college that have allowed to me to do 3 a levels I don’t like the place too much. I’m very conflicted I have till tomorrow to accept the offers.
what are the a levels that you want to do?
Keri00Summers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
if i'm honest with you, i would do the btec business and a level psychology because for btec, there are courseworks that you need to do and you can get help from your teachers if your stuck and get a good grade by the end. Also if your good with your coursework then you have more time to get a good grade in psychology when you sit the exam. Also there are exams in btecs, for example, my school do the exams in january and if you want to do better then you can in june. What ever grade you got higher in the exams would be used?

Also for courseworks, your teacher would mark it and you would know what grades you need to get for your other cousreworks or exams for you to get the grade you need by the end of year 13.
HolaNeinoa
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
what are the a levels that you want to do?
Sociology, History & Politics. I want to do something law or politics when I’m older.

if i'm honest with you, i would do the btec business and a level psychology because for btec, there are courseworks that you need to do and you can get help from your teachers if your stuck and get a good grade by the end. Also if your good with your coursework then you have more time to get a good grade in psychology when you sit the exam. Also there are exams in btecs, for example, my school do the exams in january and if you want to do better then you can in june. What ever grade you got higher in the exams would be used?

Also for courseworks, your teacher would mark it and you would know what grades you need to get for your other cousreworks or exams for you to get the grade you need by the end of year 13.
I’m starting to lean towards the BTEC route.
Keri00Summers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Sociology, History & Politics. I want to do something law or politics when I’m older.

i do btec - also it's fun because you can work out your grade and know exactly what grades you need to achieve by using a grade calculator on the pearson's website if that's your board. I think yours would be the dipolma since you will get two grades and a levels would be one which would be three grades in total by the end of year 13....

i do btec extended diploma which is three grades - let me tell you it's better than stressing the amount of revising you will have to do for three a level subjects - a friend of mine did a levels this year and she's doing btec for year 13 as she didn't like a levels as it was stressful. when i was waiting for results day, i wasn't that stressed because i know i did well in my courseworks than my exams so i assumed i got a D and i did unlike a levels you didn't know what grade you would be getting and regretting that you didn't do enough
Keri00Summers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

if you want to do a levels then it's your choice - the subjects you picked are essay and you want to do politics or law
i do btec health and social care and i want to criminology and psychology in uni and i asked my teacher if it is possible if i do this course in order to get the course i want to do.

you should ask your teacher from your sixth form if you can do law or politics if you go with the btec side - just to be sure
🧡Hajera
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

For the btec exams do u need to revise for them?
Keri00Summers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 🧡Hajera)
For the btec exams do u need to revise for them?
yeah, for me i get two tries as we learn the content before jan and sit the exams in jan and wait for results day which is in march and if you didn't do well then you can retake in the summer
🧡Hajera
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
yeah, for me i get two tries as we learn the content before jan and sit the exams in jan and wait for results day which is in march and if you didn't do well then you can retake in the summer
Oh okay thank uu one of the subjects I applied for is btec computer science. I’m honestly scared I’m not clever enough to pass 😂😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (69)
66.35%
No (26)
25%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.65%

Watched Threads