wemove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hii, i was thinking about doing my epq about cosmetic dentistry but I can't think of an argument for my dissertation or if the topic in itself is broad enough to form a question given that i'll have to write 5000 words on it. Any ideas will help x
Last edited by wemove; 3 months ago
lege-lego
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I think you should find a question in the topic to chose from as just writing an EPQ on 'Cosmetic Dentistry' will result in your EPQ being quite vague as cosmetic dentistry is a big topic and you'll find yourself easily surpassing the 5000 word limit. Maybe go for something like 'how has cosmetic dentistry evolved in the last 5 years and have these improvements really benefited or are they just minor improvements?

Idk that was just to give an idea of how specific you could get. Usually people put in quite a bit of research before choosing a title. You're even allowed to change the title in the early stages of creating your EPQ after conducting more research.

From what I've been told by my lecturers, it is better to chose a title that sparks debate where you can argue 2 sides of a topic and come to a conclusion rather than choosing a title where you just talk about how an airbag works for example (maybe debate the materials used by different manufacturers of airbags instead? idk)

Anyway, good luck with choosing a title.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed