meaganjab8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
hi Im a dual trained ( adult and paediatrics ) nurse with the majority of my career in paediatrics -24 yrs both in hospital and currently Community setting, would I have to undertake full training to become paramedic? Also is there an upper age limit for such training?
Thanks
BlueLightDriver
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by meaganjab8)
hi Im a dual trained ( adult and paediatrics ) nurse with the majority of my career in paediatrics -24 yrs both in hospital and currently Community setting, would I have to undertake full training to become paramedic? Also is there an upper age limit for such training?
Thanks
Yes, you'd need to do the whole degree if you decided to go that route. You could also do a
pre-reg paramedic masters
- this course is unique because it's for people who aren't paramedics but want to be; there are other paramedic masters but they're for people who are already paramedics. Alternatively, EEAST do have a new route where you can work on an ambulance as a nurse - you're not a paramedic exactly, but you'll use your existing skills in the new environment.

There is a nursing conversion course that will get you a FREC5, but the frec qualifications aren't well known so you might not get a job with it. Paramedic is also the level 6, so you'd be looking at ambulance technician roles with the 5.
Last edited by BlueLightDriver; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (391)
56.67%
I don't have everything I need (299)
43.33%

Watched Threads