The Student Room Group

How to convince my teachers I can do A Level maths

I got my results today and they were all good except I got a 6 in maths. I had previously gotten a 6 in the mocks 8 months ago, but I've done countless past papers since then during school and in quarantine, but of course teachers have seen no evidence for this (we haven't done any tests since then) so all they saw was my 6. I was like 11 marks away from a 7, so I dont know whether this is sufficient or not to convince them. I usually get 7s and 8s in maths prior to that, idk what happened in the mock. What should I do I'm so stressed.
Original post by TheOnlyOne999
I got my results today and they were all good except I got a 6 in maths. I had previously gotten a 6 in the mocks 8 months ago, but I've done countless past papers since then during school and in quarantine, but of course teachers have seen no evidence for this (we haven't done any tests since then) so all they saw was my 6. I was like 11 marks away from a 7, so I dont know whether this is sufficient or not to convince them. I usually get 7s and 8s in maths prior to that, idk what happened in the mock. What should I do I'm so stressed.

Take in all the work you've done - not sure why they haven't seen it already though?

As to go on a contract for a month and start 4 A levels if they say yes.

I'd also work through these: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php?year=Full%20Coverage%20Revision%20Worksheets&term=GCSE
Original post by Muttley79
Take in all the work you've done - not sure why they haven't seen it already though?

As to go on a contract for a month and start 4 A levels if they say yes.

I've thought about that but would they even believe that it's my papers? Like surely they could just say we don't know if you've done it in test conditions or whatever. Like I literally have like 9 hard copies of past papers sitting in my room, they're all grade 8s, but I'm so stresseddd.
Original post by TheOnlyOne999
I've thought about that but would they even believe that it's my papers? Like surely they could just say we don't know if you've done it in test conditions or whatever. Like I literally have like 9 hard copies of past papers sitting in my room, they're all grade 8s, but I'm so stresseddd.

Is this your school or a new one? Surely if you are a student there already they know you ...

I teach Maths and I would be impressed and take you on a contract - some schools do a test early in September
All we did in lessons from February was past papers which we marked ourself. My teacher gave us a fat stack of papers to do over quarantine, I did them all within 2 weeks. Did some more. Redid some with stricter time conditions etc. Now basically all my hard work is ruined and I cant do my dream career anymore. I was just wondering if schools only accept special cases like students with medical issues and stuff, but I think this is it for my maths. My head of maths in my year isn't responding and its been 8 hours :frown:. The externals are tomorrow for my grammar school so I doubt there will be enough space by the time he gets back to me.
perhaps see if your teachers can give you a test before you start the course to complete so they are confident in your abilities?

Quick Reply

Latest