The Student Room Group

The Current Year 9 Chat Thread (2020-2021)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hawraa.A
look at my school's options i mean tf do they expect

i want to do history option 1 option 2 i want french and +ditional english option 3 i want business and PE
i want to do business pe +ditional english and french and history ofc
(edited 3 years ago)
i want to do history french and pe for gcses
Original post by raven8247

me too but i also wanna do business and additional english

it seems like you've got a pretty good selection, shame you can only choose 3 yourself though. At my school rs is compulsory but not as an exam subject, then we choose 4 of our choice. Do you have to do a language?
Original post by Buddingdentist08
it seems like you've got a pretty good selection, shame you can only choose 3 yourself though. At my school rs is compulsory but not as an exam subject, then we choose 4 of our choice. Do you have to do a language?

idk basically i think unless ur in set 7 and don't do a language or u get low grades in it yes my school has loads of sets then u have to do a language
idk basically i think unless ur in set 7 and don't do a language or u get low grades in it yes my school has loads of sets then u have to do a language

my tip would just be to choose what your best at and what you get higher grades in, that's what i'm doing. Then it will be easier for you later on
my tip would just be to choose what your best at and what you get higher grades in, that's what i'm doing. Then it will be easier for you later on

but i am good at PE love footie but want to do business
but i am good at PE love footie but want to do business

can you do both?
can you do both?

idk i emailed school a week ago but they still haven't answered
idk i emailed school a week ago but they still haven't answered

oh. when do you have to decide by?
oh. when do you have to decide by?

i think end of feb
i think end of feb

so you've still got time then. maybe give them some more time and if they still don't reply then give them a call?
ikr said something about ****ing needing it to learn about contraception

I- What on earth? really?! damnnnn

true anyway anyone needing help picking gcse i mean i do

I need major help mate
Original post by raven8247

Ah im thinking french and history like u! And then rs and either geography or computer science or something fun idkkkk hehe
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Ah im thinking french and history like u! And then rs and either geography or computer science or something fun idkkkk hehe

i want to be a teacher so am thinking of additional english

damnnnn ur school be tight!
My school is proper chill with us - we have to do a language, maths, English and then we can choose either triple or double science and then if we do double science we have 3 options of our choice but if we do triple science we have 2 options of our own choice.
i want to be a teacher so am thinking of additional english

Ah wow a teacher!
I want to be a dermatologist who is also a part time model hehe (kinda crazy ik ik)
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
damnnnn ur school be tight!
My school is proper chill with us - we have to do a language, maths, English and then we can choose either triple or double science and then if we do double science we have 3 options of our choice but if we do triple science we have 2 options of our own choice.

so how many gcses do you do in total? 9?
so how many gcses do you do in total? 9?

yep but we can take greek as an extra gcse
so either 9 or 10 in the end

Quick Reply

Latest